Transfer Strategy

I can't believe the shitshow inability to sign a top player. And how OK they are with it.

Pep repeatedly says what he needs, how he needs to refresh, how they have a duty to improve etc..And what do they do, fanny about.

The best manager out there, clearly willing to stay here if things are going well, and he doesn't get the support needed. Particularly with everyone strengthening a lot.
it's amazing innit.. people here will defend everything the club does because we win trophies, so by definition nothing we do can ever be mismanaged.. it's a chicken and egg debate

Fed up with the 'we can't afford it' narrative they obviously give pep to say

Khaldoon needs to explain his end of season interview as it was bollocks looking back

What is the club doing?? Standing still after a title win...that's worked well in the past

Yes I know we have grealish and I think he will be great but the striker situation is laughable

We spent 100m on a player we, let's be honest, didn't need - when really we should have been looking to find a replacement for Aguero because Jesus ain't it. Underwhelmed with how much we spent on Grealish and that we are still not fixing some of our glaring problems.

it's amazing innit.. people here will defend everything the club does because we win trophies, so by definition nothing we do can ever be mismanaged.. it's a chicken and egg debate

One thing we have been consistent in, is not strengthening after winning it. Often, not adressing glaringly obvious issues and positions.

With Pep, heck even Khaldoon saying early in the summer what meeds and would be done, I really thought this summer would be different. The inability to make a big decision quickly is so weird.

€25m euros would have sealed it. He wanted it, Mendes wanted it, Juve wanted it. 25m, less than the Bony fee, for Ronaldo. And with all set and 4 days in the window left, we thought we'd fanny about and try push juve to not get a fee for a player like Ronaldo.

We have known since March that our greatest ever goalscorer was leaving. The chairman went on record to promise the fans he would be replaced.
Scrambling around like Harry Redknapp leaning out of his Range Rover window in the last days of the window, having been very publicly played for suckers twice in a week, is not a good look. Not good at all.
The events of the last week have brutally demonstrated that we are not nearly as well run as we like to think we are

It has been a dreadful week for the board - we’ve been played like a fiddle on Ronaldo and the Kane deal just sounds like a calamity, almost like Levy was the only grown up in the room. And why our French full back was anywhere near the first team and actually playing the first game of the season is simply astounding in my view.

Add to that the Super League episode and it begins to look there’s a lack of oversight regarding the performance of the board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.