Transfer Strategy

I think what's going to happen next week, his royallovelyness is going to forget trying to garner the respect of these other clubs and destroy them instead.
He going to send Pep with a duffle bag worth 250M to Germany, he's walking into Hans Joachim Watzke office, throwing the bag at him and putting his finger to his lips just saying shush.
He's then turning to Harland, telling him to put his knickers on and get in the car.

Targeting Kane was always going to be tough for Spurs to want to sell, as not many top forwards available if they did.

Just surprised it took so long to realise that it was not going to happen and other options moved in the process.

Can’t agree about Haaland, I‘d pay whatever it takes to get him, but it’s just not our m.o.

I do agree about Kane, Messi and Ronaldo though.

Tough call now as we are properly in the shit and in danger of letting Pep down severely, we all saw his comments the other day so know he wasn’t happy.
Don’t get me wrong, I rate Haaland as a striker, but as you say it’s not our m.o. and it won’t be; we could actually do with a sub forum entitled ‘fantasy transfers’ because we‘re not going to change and these Haaland/Messis/Ronaldo threads provoke some kind of mass hysteria amongst folk on here.

I think there’s been a misguided sense in the hierarchy that we had to land a marquee signing this summer. Maybe they were smarting about having lost the CL final, maybe they wanted to give Guardiola the best so he could leave on a high. I don’t know.

What concerns me is the kind of arrogance, for want of a better word, that we seem to be exhibiting. This idea that only one of these superstars could somehow improve us just doesn’t hold water. Negredo got 23 games in 49 games for us, and we arguably create more chances now than we did then, so let’s get one of those.

Is Omar the guy dressed all in white who does the podcast with Esteemed Kompany?
The reason I ask is he was being very arrogant discussing the Kane signing and if Spurs seen that it wouldn't wash well with their execs

Last edited:
Perhaps, Ronaldo was just a smokescreen due to the breaking Mendy news?. Good luck to him at Utd, totally get their excitement. Cannot help respect his dedication to the sport I love. Would have been fun him rocking up here though. Pretty much like a fit Kompany, Silva or Sergio returning for us. Our owners have been amazing so happy to plod along on wait for our next new present. City, City!

We have a great supply line of Grealish, KDB and Foden, only issue is we dont have a striker to take the chances ....
Agree with most i
Mental to go another 12 months without strengthening those 3 positions.
Are we missing something here because after getting beat in the champions league final I thought we would be all geared up for trying to win it this year .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.