Transfer Strategy

LB imo is for Zin, Cancelo, Laporte, Ake to cover thats it, given they will have to tuck in more instead of playing hug the touchline type of LB. none of them if a proper LB but all can do a good job there.

to me the striker position was number one target where we should hav ehad the same option set out like Koulibaly, Dias, Kounde and if one fails we quicky adapt and change.

we didnt do that at Maguire transfer saga, we opted not to sign a defender , Laporte got injured early in the season and what a rubbish PL campaign we did mostly due to awful defending conceding 3 goals for 4 shots a few times and stuff like that.

we did do it when Koulibaly failed and we moved to Dias, and look what an integral effect he had on us. a new signing who fits like a glove can have wonderful effect.

Our defence could actually be better than last year. We have two good options at right back, 3 great centre backs, we have Zinchenko at left back and option to play Laporte and/or Ake there. I would like to see more cover at DM. Fernandinho is definitely slowing down and Rodri can’t play every game but we are still pretty solid there.

I was at the game last week and even though it was only Norwich, I think Sterling, Mahrez, Torres and Jesus have a load of goals in them. Add good contributions form KDB, Gundo and Foden plus (I hope) the emergence of Delap and I can see us scoring a lot.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you. Personally I think we miss way too many chances, confidence may be affected by our lack of a striker, and despite really trying I just don’t see anything in Torres at all. Even Ings is better.

Maybe we were in on the United signing by agreeing to offer the quoted bid perhaps letting the agent (who we know) get better deals for himself and his player when United trumped our price.?
I like to think so but our need for a striker remains so hopefully something can be done quickly.

LB imo is for Zin, Cancelo, Laporte, Ake to cover thats it, given they will have to tuck in more instead of playing hug the touchline type of LB. none of them if a proper LB but all can do a good job there.

to me the striker position was number one target where we should hav ehad the same option set out like Koulibaly, Dias, Kounde and if one fails we quicky adapt and change.

we didnt do that at Maguire transfer saga, we opted not to sign a defender , Laporte got injured early in the season and what a rubbish PL campaign we did mostly due to awful defending conceding 3 goals for 4 shots a few times and stuff like that.

we did do it when Koulibaly failed and we moved to Dias, and look what an integral effect he had on us. a new signing who fits like a glove can have wonderful effect.
Well, at least we can console ourselves this year because we don’t even have a striker to get injured! :-(

I actually think we are doing pretty well, not ideal, but not bad at all:
- Overspending a bit for Grealish, but having him will help us to cover an important position in a long term.
- Skip all of the unsuitable targets:
  • Harry Kane is wonderful, but it's not suitable for our club structure to spend Tottendham's fee demand.
  • Messi is fantastic, but his salary and age are not suitable
  • The same for C.Ronaldo
  • And I'm not sure Lukaku is a suitable target football-wise
So we'll have more money to pursue a more suitable target in the future, may have a great chance to bring Haaland next season (or someone else).

I’d be disappointed if we don’t get a striker in the remaining days. I appreciate there’s no value in panic buys and maybe it shouldn’t have got to this point, however, I still think we’ve got a left field move in us.

Maybe on my own, but not signing Messi or Ronaldo doesn’t bother me greatly. Would be difficult for them to give what Pep wants from his frontman in their advancing years (for a footballer of course) and just not sure they’d have been worth the huge amounts of dosh. Of course when such a player becomes available there’s no harm whatsoever in listening to what’s on the table and what’s on offer but ultimately it has to work for us. Neither of those deals were sufficiently enticing for us to shift away from the values Pep has in his man leading the line.

Kane looked more of a natural fit and the right personality to make that transition. However, it seems we took Levy’s hard-nosed approach in transfers as an old wives tale and thought he’d eventually cave….he didn’t!

We’re now days away from being without a proper recognised top class striker, and that’s no disrespect to Jesus who now looks like he can carve out a good career playing wider in the front line. Personally I think Ings would have done a job, not a signing to have you salivating but a pragmatic transfer. I’d even have Auba or Laca from Arsenal. They might not be absolute top drawer and the perfect replacement for Sergio but think they’d be extremely effective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.