Transgender Children

CityStu

Topic on GMB this morning following a Mail article on one school having 17 students undergoing transition to change their gender.

I couldn't form a consistent opinion on it.

Is important to let children find out who they are, but is it right to support/allow irreversible life choices at that age?

I personally think it should be made illegal until the child reached 18 unless there is a specific medical reason for the operation.

Having said that, I know of people in their 30's who are still hugely conflicted after having surgery in their late 20's.

Topic on GMB this morning following a Mail article on one school having 17 students undergoing transition to change their gender.

I couldn't form a consistent opinion on it.

Is important to let children find out who they are, but is it right to support/allow irreversible life choices at that age?

One of those weird (or weirdo) thoughts just struck me. What would schools do for a PE lesson where half the lads (or girls) decided they were now girls (boys) and wanted to use the girls (boys) changing room. Or would you have a changing room for those in constant flux?

I personally think it should be made illegal until the child reached 18 unless there is a specific medical reason for the operation.

Having said that, I know of people in their 30's who are still hugely conflicted after having surgery in their late 20's.
I don’t think you can have any medical procedure until 18.
They’re just talking about identification if someone feels they are not psychologically matched with their physicality regarding gender.

Can't quite wrap my head around it all, the media brings so much attention to it. I can't help but wonder if maybe some of the kids are doing it to stand out (the wife thinks I'm wrong) but I think there should be a minimum age to it...18. A friend's kid is going through it right now, again, I guess I just don't get it

A mental health issue being treated with something physical what could ever go wrong. Parents should be ashamed.
I think it's easy to judge other people when you're not in their position. It cannot be easy for them. These cases are often life-threatening in that the child finds it difficult to live as they are. That's a lot of stress for those who care, and I'm sure surgery isn't the end of the matter in a lot of cases.

I think it's easy to judge other people when you're not in their position. It cannot be easy for them. These cases are often life-threatening in that the child finds it difficult to live as they are. That's a lot of stress for those who care, and I'm sure surgery isn't the end of the matter in a lot of cases.

Isn't suicide post op higher than pre up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.