Transitional season?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by alexmcity, 6 Oct 2019.

1. leighton

leighton

I wouldnt say Pep hasnt rebuilt the team before as he did when he came into the club. New defence new attacking midfielders and a striker all came in at the right ages early 20s. So him rebuiling or not able to do has done it before. I guess if he wants to do it again he will be backed to do it.
    The problem that we all have seen is our again spine is going. Kompany gone , next season D Silva and Fernadhino and to some extent Aguero too we might get another season out of him. The midfield players I dont see as being the problem to the replace. It will be Kompany's long term replacement and Agueros. We need to be smart with who we sign in the defence. Our best bit of business was done in the January window with Laporte a few seasons back can we get another in. Saying that I think we might be pro active and I wouldnt be shocked if we go for Eriksen from Spurs get him on a free to replace David Silva. Got to get a defender in who can defend first Peps coaching is so good the technical side of the game but would love to see how we operate with a defender with a bit of both. Who that player is going to be is the biggest question. As for Aguero I think Jesus would be giving a season to prove he is up to it. I think he can be.

2. urban genie

urban genie

God sake.

If laporte didin't get injured
    Stones wasn't a sick note
    Kev wasn't made of glass

Then this thread wouldn't exist, in the summer we needed to replace kompany, danilo and ferdy, we replaced two of them and then got unlucky.

Shit happens .

When we won at a canter with 100 points two years ago most were on about a team to go on for a decade, now we are in transition,

Knee jerk bollocks.

3. Rolee

Rolee

He built his own team, he's never done a rebuild of his own team.

Keeper! likes this.
  4. karen7

karen7

I seemed to be the lone voice who said we would miss sane big time,he is the only one with those skils,the only one i get offmy seat for,at worst he could relieve a tired/out of form razzer

5. karen7

karen7

He is already a genius ffs,he took the oldest team in the prem and took it right down,back to back title,every domestic honour available and you think he has more to prove? it's been an intense last 2 yrs,they are entitled to be tired,add in injuries,what do people expect!!

bellbuzzer likes this.
  6. Keeper!

Keeper!

He is paid 20m a season for a reason, he is the best, now he needs to show now just how good he is.

We look exhausted, have injuries but now we will see just how good this guy is.
    Pep has a reputation as a short term manager, lets hope he proves that reputation is very wrong.

7. karen7

karen7

Jesus christ

8. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

What a load of old pony!

mosssideblue likes this.
  9. Keeper!

Keeper!

So we don't have problems? why did we not buy at least one CB this summer?
    Why did he play Walker when he was obviously suffering from illness when we have Cancelo as a perfect back up, why did the later play at LB?
    Why did we buy Angelino?
    Why did Foden not get his chance yesterday?

Pep has been magnificent but he is not beyond criticism.

10. cjn

cjn

That’s an interesting point actually. Even without using the phrase as an excuse because we can still win the thing, it’s hard to argue we aren’t in a period of transition. Vinny left us this summer without a replacement, Sané may be leaving (and has been missing so far this year obviously), it’s David Silva and likely Otamendi’s last season with us, and guys who have been big parts of the team like Fernandinho, Sergio and Walker will all see less playing time in the coming year or two considering we have already signed replacements for all three.

If you take it as a given that we won’t win the title this season (which I’m not, but just for argument’s sake) our next title winning squad could look quite a bit different than the last one.