Another transitional season? No.

Thinking about the older players Pep is facing a real conundrum.

After Kompany left the club we need leaders off and on the pitch. So, we need the legends that Dave and Kun are.

But the legends can't run as much as it is needed, especially when we need to be fantastic in our high-pressing in order to help our make-shift defence cope with threats.

So, Pep needs both leaders and fresh legs.

He can't risk pissing off the legends by making them bit part players, as this might ruin the atmosphere at the club.

But he can't play them without undermining the defence.

Kun has scored 8 goals but he was poor in all games in which we dropped points and even in the 8:0 trashing of Watford.

The problem he made when he got substituted against Spurs shows what Pep is against: aging legends with huge ego who can't perform as well as they used to but are desperate to play and start games on a regular basis.

Kun is still a top goalscorer but he offers very little outside the box and the less is said about his ability to press the better. Gabby had a good game against Everton and had to watch from the bench two insipid performances in attack against Zagreb and Wolves. It would be really bad if we lose both Leroy and Gabby. We'll need 200m and luck to replace them well.

Thinking about the older players Pep is facing a real conundrum.

After Kompany left the club we need leaders off and on the pitch. So, we need the legends that Dave and Kun are.

But the legends can't run as much as it is needed, especially when we need to be fantastic in our high-pressing in order to help our make-shift defence cope with threats.

So, Pep needs both leaders and fresh legs.

He can't risk pissing off the legends by making them bit part players, as this might ruin the atmosphere at the club.

But he can't play them without undermining the defence.

Kun has scored 8 goals but he was poor in all games in which we dropped points and even in the 8:0 trashing of Watford.

The problem he made when he got substituted against Spurs shows what Pep is against: aging legends with huge ego who can't perform as well as they used to but are desperate to play and start games on a regular basis.

Kun is still a top goalscorer but he offers very little outside the box and the less is said about his ability to press the better. Gabby had a good game against Everton and had to watch from the bench two insipid performances in attack against Zagreb and Wolves. It would be really bad if we lose both Leroy and Gabby. We'll need 200m and luck to replace them well.
It doesn't matter how many threads you trash sergio in it's just not true

It doesn't matter how many threads you trash sergio in it's just not true

Hope it's not true. But you would rather see Gabby get sold and Aguero play for another 5 years.

Love Kun, he's an absolute legend. But love the team and the club more. Hope Kun has a great season and wins us the CL. He will be needed, especially in big games in which he is the best the PL has seen.

Hope it's not true. But you would rather see Gabby get sold and Aguero play for another 5 years.

Love Kun, he's an absolute legend. But love the team and the club more. Hope Kun has a great season and wins us the CL. He will be needed, especially in big games in which he is the best the PL has seen.
Sergio is at the top of his game and he is here next season then he gone,if gabby is smart he won't go anywhere

I don't see it as a transitional season. We lost our captain and leader and didn't replace him and have subsequently had injuries to our two best CBs. We have also lost Sane to injury and De Bruyne was missing. Throw in Mendy and his fitness and that is like Liverpool being without Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Mane and Wijnaldum. It changes things and makes it a lot harder to play as well.

It is handling the injuries as best as we can. In attack, generally we are fine but we cannot rely on Fernandinho and Otamendi to cope with counter attacks. I would like to see Pep react and put Garcia in. Walker going off left us weak to the pace on the break because Zinchenko is also slow and Cancelo is much higher up the pitch. Pep has often used Walker to protect us from counter attacks with his pace.

The league isn't over but Pep needs to review things and build for the future. I think most of us would be fine with a transitional season if it meant Foden, Garcia and Jesus had fully established themselves in our team.

Sergio is at the top of his game and he is here next season then he gone,if gabby is smart he won't go anywhere
We have a problem on our hands with the two of them tbh im not sure if jesus will be patient for another season. Aguero always needs a run of games to get him scoring which means benching jesus but if jesus doesnt get more games he may want to leave.

This isn't a transisitional season we are just missing a big chunk of our regular team if the dippers lost van dik, mane, robertson, salah and who ever they play next to van dik at the same time they would struggle a lot worse than we are.

We have a problem on our hands with the two of them tbh im not sure if jesus will be patient for another season. Aguero always needs a run of games to get him scoring which means benching jesus but if jesus doesnt get more games he may want to leave.
I think the sergio needing a run of games is a repeated myth,he scored in every game till he was left out,it's a mistake to drop him out when he is firing and playing well,gabby would be making a mistake if he leaves,i'm afraid every striker we have had in the last 8 yrs has suffered from not being sergio,i can't accept people saying he should now play 2nd fiddle to the next generation when he is better than he has ever been,it's sergio ffs,make the most of him,i can't accept people wishing for the end,that is not so much aimed at you,they know who they are

I think the sergio needing a run of games is a repeated myth,he scored in every game till he was left out,it's a mistake to drop him out when he is firing and playing well,gabby would be making a mistake if he leaves,i'm afraid every striker we have had in the last 8 yrs has suffered from not being sergio,i can't accept people saying he should now play 2nd fiddle to the next generation when he is better than he has ever been,it's sergio ffs,make the most of him,i can't accept people wishing for the end,that is not so much aimed at you,they know who they are

It's not people wishing for the end Karen, it's a desire to see the succesion happen as seamlessly as possible. If Jesus doesn't get game time he'll leave and then we're left in a situation where we're trying to bed in two brand new strikers when Aguero goes.

Jesus is going on international duty for two weeks, Aguero has a couple of weeks off, who is most likely to start the first game back, you'd have to say Aguero, so give Jesus the start against Wolves.

We'll transition back to unstoppable once we get four or five of our key players fit again.

Once the scouse twats get some injuries when the enhancing drugs wear off then we'll catch them and overhaul them. It's a long, long season. Over 90 points still to play for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.