Transitional season?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by alexmcity, 6 Oct 2019.

1. blueparrot

blueparrot

Wont be this summer, and if planned properly which it will be nobody should be overhauling the squad 2 or 3 changes each summer at the most. The squad will evolve.

flook likes this.
  2. racecar

racecar

Fuck me, thought I’d accidentally wandered onto red cafe when I saw the thread title. This is next level flapping. Yes, we haven’t been great recently and were awful today, but it’s hardly like we’re in the middle of a crisis. We had 5 key players out injured today, 3 of whom will be back soon.

We might not win the league again but I’m sure we will give it a good shot at the very least. Not ideal being 8 points behind in October but we’ve got some great players and have more than enough quality in the squad to be up there at the end of the season.

3. karen7

karen7

This,people are too busy shouting tosee our injuries and vinny gone,we are not indistructable,they are just men

Eccles Blue likes this.
  4. blueparrot

blueparrot

Better than being 8 points behind in October than the new year or spring though:)

Kenward Garg likes this.
  5. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Sane injured. Laporte injured. De Bruyne injured. Stones injured. Mendy injured (although not much of a loss since he always is).

I'd say that those are more of a significant factor than the fact that some players are a bit older. That means that rather than being in his preferred position, Fernandinho is having to fill in alongside probably the weakest of our senior CBs. And we all saw how we suffered last season when Fern was injured. Rodri's looked great, but there's always the possibility of a lack of understanding leading to goals when a new player comes in in such an important position.

Having said that, Silva has looked more like the Silva from the second half of last season than the first (when people were tipping him to be player of the season). I also find the reluctance to player Bernardo in CM bizarre, given how amazing he was there last year. If you're going to play Silva, then you need an energetic player to complement him, and that's De Bruyne, Bernardo or Foden, not Gundogan.

Kenward Garg and ballinio like this.
  6. racecar

racecar

Exactly, it’s still too early in the season. The dippers could lose van dijk for the season next week and go on a losing streak without him

7. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Absolutely, as long as 8 points behind in October doesn't lead to 16 points behind in the new year.

8. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    The problem is not that we are 8 pts behind but that we are playing with a makeshift defence and some older legs in midfield are not fresh enough to press with intensity and success so that to help the makeshift defence cope better.

If we had Eric and Leroy available, I'd back us to win it from here. It's still possible but Pep's only human.

9. robbieh

robbieh

Last paragraph all day.

Kenward Garg likes this.
  10. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

A sensible response amongst a sea of wet vaginas.

Kenward Garg likes this.