Another transitional season? No.

Pep will walk this summer if not the next summer he won’t overhaul this squad again
Wont be this summer, and if planned properly which it will be nobody should be overhauling the squad 2 or 3 changes each summer at the most. The squad will evolve.

Fuck me, thought I’d accidentally wandered onto red cafe when I saw the thread title. This is next level flapping. Yes, we haven’t been great recently and were awful today, but it’s hardly like we’re in the middle of a crisis. We had 5 key players out injured today, 3 of whom will be back soon.

We might not win the league again but I’m sure we will give it a good shot at the very least. Not ideal being 8 points behind in October but we’ve got some great players and have more than enough quality in the squad to be up there at the end of the season.

Fuck me, thought I’d accidentally wandered onto red cafe when I saw the thread title. This is next level flapping. Yes, we haven’t been great recently and were awful today, but it’s hardly like we’re in the middle of a crisis. We had 5 key players out injured today, 3 of whom will be back soon.

We might not win the league again but I’m sure we will give it a good shot at the very least. Not ideal being 8 points behind in October but we’ve got some great players and have more than enough quality in the squad to be up there at the end of the season.
This,people are too busy shouting tosee our injuries and vinny gone,we are not indistructable,they are just men

Better than being 8 points behind in October than the new year or spring though:)

Sane injured. Laporte injured. De Bruyne injured. Stones injured. Mendy injured (although not much of a loss since he always is).

I'd say that those are more of a significant factor than the fact that some players are a bit older. That means that rather than being in his preferred position, Fernandinho is having to fill in alongside probably the weakest of our senior CBs. And we all saw how we suffered last season when Fern was injured. Rodri's looked great, but there's always the possibility of a lack of understanding leading to goals when a new player comes in in such an important position.

Having said that, Silva has looked more like the Silva from the second half of last season than the first (when people were tipping him to be player of the season). I also find the reluctance to player Bernardo in CM bizarre, given how amazing he was there last year. If you're going to play Silva, then you need an energetic player to complement him, and that's De Bruyne, Bernardo or Foden, not Gundogan.

The problem is not that we are 8 pts behind but that we are playing with a makeshift defence and some older legs in midfield are not fresh enough to press with intensity and success so that to help the makeshift defence cope better.

If we had Eric and Leroy available, I'd back us to win it from here. It's still possible but Pep's only human.

Sane injured. Laporte injured. De Bruyne injured. Stones injured. Mendy injured (although not much of a loss since he always is).

I'd say that those are more of a significant factor than the fact that some players are a bit older. That means that rather than being in his preferred position, Fernandinho is having to fill in alongside probably the weakest of our senior CBs. And we all saw how we suffered last season when Fern was injured. Rodri's looked great, but there's always the possibility of a lack of understanding leading to goals when a new player comes in in such an important position.

Having said that, Silva has looked more like the Silva from the second half of last season than the first (when people were tipping him to be player of the season). I also find the reluctance to player Bernardo in CM bizarre, given how amazing he was there last year. If you're going to play Silva, then you need an energetic player to complement him, and that's De Bruyne, Bernardo or Foden, not Gundogan.
Last paragraph all day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.