Another transitional season? No.

I would take CL qualification and a Cup.

The CL is doable because the CL latter stages are in sight and by the time the latter stafes commence, laporte and Sane should be back. We are the best side in Europe with a fit squad. The task now is to at bare minimum retain our CL place so that we can go again.
Just a reminder, it is still October and whilst we just played a very poor game yesterday, the defeatist attitudes in here are quite surprising

Just a reminder, it is still October and whilst we just played a very poor game yesterday, the defeatist attitudes in here are quite surprising
But the circumstances also include an 8 point gap to Liverpool, an injury crisis that shows no signs yet of abating and a side haemorrhaging chances.

If Pep had concluded in his press conference that he had got his team selection wrong then I'd be more optimistic, but he didn't say that. Therefore I have every expectation that Ota and Fern will continue at centre-back and Rodri and Gundogan will continue in central midfield. What in the circumstances is a rational response to our form and results?

But the circumstances also include an 8 point gap to Liverpool, an injury crisis that shows no signs yet of abating and a side haemorrhaging chances.

If Pep had concluded in his press conference that he had got his team selection wrong then I'd be more optimistic, but he didn't say that. Therefore I have every expectation that Ota and Fern will continue at centre-back and Rodri and Gundogan will continue in central midfield. What in the circumstances is a rational response to our form and results?
I will wait a few months before thinking the end is neigh

Not buying a CB will eventually cost us this season, Vinny left, Stones overall form is worrying and has been for 12 months , the Laporte injury is just the icing on the cake.Not so much yesterdays result but games v Norwich and Everton showed us all how vulnerable we are now against any team with a modicum of pace or height up front.Six goals conceded against those three teams alone. Wasteful in front of goal yes we are but our ability to keep clean sheets has disappeared down the toilet.

We need a CB to come in January.

Pep will walk this summer if not the next summer he won’t overhaul this squad again
No, he's signed up for 2(?) more years. Says he will stay until contract is up. He should accept reality and start the rebuild now. Bring in Foden as a regular starter, forget Sane unless he commits soonest, phase out DS, buy a proper left back ffs (Mendy sick note), play Gabby more.

I will wait a few months before thinking the end is neigh
I don't think the end is nigh. I think the title is gone because we aren't going to be able to hold Liverpool until Laporte, and Sane return, but I also believe that fundamentally we have the strongest squad in the Premier League.

That's true, and if we beat them home and away the gap is only 2pts. Still think this will be a difficult season for us (in comparison to the last two) and have done since before it started. The thought of having to get well over 90pts again, I'm just not sure the players will manage a third time in a row. Might get something that would normally win the title but not convinced we'll get enough, but you never know. It'll be whatever it will be, I still enjoy going and enjoyed (most of) yesterday. I don't think our performance was terrible, just lacking that spark that Kev brings.

We have two problems this season. The first are injuries to CBs which have seriously hurt us. But we have another problem as well. We have several aging players whose legs are not quite up to the task of playing highly dynamic football and can't press efficiently. This might be the season when the legends step down and make way to Rodri, Foden, Jesus, Cancelo, Bernardo....

Liverpool have only one player over 30 y.o. and he is running more than the other players. We have several players over 30 and they are already over the hill physically wise.

Hope and believe we can still win the title but Laporte's injury has hit us very badly. Hope we can win the CL for the legends. Would be the best way for them to leave the club

We have had 2 spectacular seasons the only thing we need to win is the champions league and I believe it can be done because the dippers are in the driving seat for the league and obsessed with getting that monkey off their backs.

good post, it's done as far as I'm concerned, yeah il still take my seat in the SS level3 and support the lads, and il stay till the end for every game, but the injury list for what Pep wants to do is bad. I hope I'm proven wrong but can't see it.

Why,he loves a challenge

The T word is an excuse for losers,we have the younger players in place already
I was going to jump straight to the end and post similar, there's no such thing as a 'transitional period'. If there was then all teams are in permanent 'transition'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.