Transpennine Ale Trail

RP2 said:
Anyone ever done one of these?

Basically a group of you get on a train from piccadilly to Huddersfield/Dewsbury (or however far you want to go) and frequent the pubs on or near the platforms, slowly making your way home.

I'm doing this tomorrow (as long as the snow doesn't fuck it up!) - it's a belter of a day out!
Is your Ale trail still going ahead

Did it last year, didn't see any aggro. Sun was shining beer was flowing, cracking day out with the lads. Doing it again this year at the end if may

bgblue said:
Did it last year, didn't see any aggro. Sun was shining beer was flowing, cracking day out with the lads. Doing it again this year at the end if may
Find out what its like in the snow if trains keep moving

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
How did you get on RP2 ?

It was good, despite the cold weather. Had a few dropouts because of the snow so there were only 4 of us in the end!

Train to Dewsbury at 12pm, group of 9 young (18-21-ish) girls getting smashed with jaegerbombs etc. on the way to leeds for a friends birthday (They were ALL gorgeous by the way!). Obviously got chatting to them and managed to bag us an invite to Leeds with them..... I'm 33, overweight, but I've still got it!! Had to turn them down as 3 of us are married though :(

Later on got stuck in Mossley (don't ask!) with an hour to go until the last train - invited back to an older couples house for the night (definitely swingers!).

It was about minus 12 degrees, got ambushed by some kids with snowballs in Slaithwaite (although we eventually smashed them) so it was a REALLY good day out.

We're going again in the warmer weather though....

Bumping this thread as we are doing this tomorrow. I've never been on the Ale trail before but some of the lads with us have done.

Reading this thread I've come to the conclusion it will either be a great day out or an absolute disaster.

Bumping this thread as we are doing this tomorrow. I've never been on the Ale trail before but some of the lads with us have done.

Reading this thread I've come to the conclusion it will either be a great day out or an absolute disaster.
had nothing but great days out doing this,done it about 3 times(usually during the week) and its been a scream.

Have a good long look at the time--tables, everything changed with them a few weeks ago, you are now two hours between trains,( not always a bad thing;)), and Greenfield maybe a problem. Have a great day anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.