Trapattoni's at it again

Ireland will be playing against the best players in the world next season in the champions league :)

Truth be told folks the reason Ireland doesn't want to play for his country is because of his experiences whilst playing for them. If you look at it that way it must have pretty been bad for him not to want to play in the W.C.

IrishMacca said:
it's about him not wanting to, not being bothered. He'd rather be at home or working out in the gym then on the international stage competing in the biggest football competition there is against the best players in the world
And that's entirely his prerogative. Who are you to tell him he shouldn't feel a particular way? Just because some players want to play in a World Cup doesn't mean they all have to feel the same way. Maybe he's just not remotely bothered about it and I don't see what gives amateur psychologists like yourself and Trappatoni the right to tell the world how Stephen Ireland will feel in a few years time. You can't possibly know.

You come across as being incredibly obsessed about this issue. Does an alarm go off in your house every time a thread is posted about it on Bluemoon? Stop whining and moaning, and just get on with it.

and if the irish lose it will be all his fault.if superman wants to play, then i want him to play, and if he doesnt...well it goes without saying

Personally I think he is still tormented by the whole saga. IMO its a bit like Trescothick (sp) and the england cricket team but obviously not on that level. Maybe he cant come to terms with the fact he wasnt there when the miscarrige happend or whatever?

C_T_I_D said:
Who would like to play alongside Stephen Hunt? Enough said.

His decision is his decision to make..but I just don't think ye'd have the same attitude or say the same thing if Rooney turned around in the morning, with no explanation, and said he no longer wanted to play for England ever again and he wasn't going to the WC. He'd be crucified, and ye'd be the first ones to do so..and ye know it.

There are not many players that try harder then Hunt. He'll work his socks off to get us to
the WC, he'll give everything. 100% all the time. No moaning, no crying, no stropy moad swing and being upset that people don't get down on their knees and beg him to play.

And on another note looking at one or two of the posts, don't give me that some players want to play in the WC, and some don't, 99.9% of players would kill to get to play in the WC. That includes the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, if it's not too good for the top class players of the world, it shouldn't be for Ireland.
When you're a young lad you don't dream of playing for Man City ot where ever it is you end up, especially if you're not from there, if you're from a little old town in Cork you don't spend your days dreaming of playing for a club like City, you dream of scoring the winning goal in the world cup.
And inside most of the pro footballers is still that 10 year old boy who just loves playing the game. You can see that in players like Rooney, Gerrard. They love what they do. And to them playing in the world cup is an honour and a privalege.
Remember when Rooney was injured in that Chelsea game before the last world cup (I think) and he just, by the skin of his teeth, made it. He killed himself to get there.
That's what most players would do.
I genuinely don't understand Ireland, but somewhere a long the way football died inside of him. And all the excuses in the world wont change that.
He mightn't have like the set up or like how he was treated all those years ago, but boohoo, Roy Keane was 10times the player Ireland is and he still sucked it all up, till he was sent home. It wasn't too good for him. Ya it didn't end well because he was sent home from the last WC, something that he's said till this day that he regrets more then anything.
And what the poor lad doesn't like travelling too and from, it's like 1 hour in a plane to Dublin, you've players going much further then that. Yet they don't whinge.

I wish there was an excuse that was true, but at the end of the day no excuse will change the fact that somewhere a long the way he lost what made him want to play the game all those years ago and now, it's all about the money and what's easy and convenient. Playing with Man City and not going to Ireland is easy and convenient. And that's all it is.
How sad is that.
He might call himself Superman, and he might have the personalised pants and cars, but at the end of the day heroes are formed on the international stage.
No one will remember him for scoring a goal against Fulham, but everyone would remember him scoring a goal against Germany.

..No amount of excuses will change that. I wouldn't ever want to have him in my corner in a fight. He could stab you in the back faster then he could hit the other guy..

IrishMacca said:
don't give me that some players want to play in the WC, and some don't, 99.9% of players would kill to get to play in the WC. That includes the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, if it's not too good for the top class players of the world, it shouldn't be for Ireland.
Maybe, just maybe, Ireland falls into the other 0.1%. It really isn't beyond the realms of possibility. I remember reading a couple of years ago that despite being extremely good at it, Stevie doesn't actually have much of an interest in football. If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Stevie is a bit "different". Maybe he really just isn't bothered about it, and that's it.
IrishMacca said:
When you're a young lad you don't dream of playing for Man City ot where ever it is you end up, especially if you're not from there, if you're from a little old town in Cork you don't spend your days dreaming of playing for a club like City, you dream of scoring the winning goal in the world cup.
Again you're making assumptions. Unless you know Stephen Ireland personally, you can't possibly know that this applies to him. Just because other lads feel that way doesn't mean Stevie has to as well.
IrishMacca said:
And what the poor lad doesn't like travelling too and from, it's like 1 hour in a plane to Dublin, you've players going much further then that. Yet they don't whinge.
And again. Just because other people do it, doesn't mean he has to. Why can't you comprehend that he just doesn't want to play and that's it? And he's never whinged about it. The only whingers have been the likes of you, Trapatoni and Stephen ****.

Dubai Blue said:
IrishMacca said:
don't give me that some players want to play in the WC, and some don't, 99.9% of players would kill to get to play in the WC. That includes the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, if it's not too good for the top class players of the world, it shouldn't be for Ireland.
Maybe, just maybe, Ireland falls into the other 0.1%. It really isn't beyond the realms of possibility. I remember reading a couple of years ago that despite being extremely good at it, Stevie doesn't actually have much of an interest in football. If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Stevie is a bit "different". Maybe he really just isn't bothered about it, and that's it.
IrishMacca said:
Again you're making assumptions. Unless you know Stephen Ireland personally, you can't possibly know that this applies to him. Just because other lads feel that way doesn't mean Stevie has to as well.

And you find nothing wrong with that, you don't find that slighty disturbing?

when i grew up i dreamed of scoring goals for city in the fa cup final,my mates the same,only the club changed to whoever they followed.only when international games come up did we change to england or scotland.
my sons remember his goals and re enact them in the living room,and when the wife screams at them to stop the reply is"its the last minute of fa cup final and we are 1 down"

I don't know the ins and outs of this one.

All I know is that Ireland has never let City down.

For City he's hungry and ambitious.

He's not temporamental or petulant. He's a model pro.

I trust his reasons for this. Especially if he was bullied and not backed by the staff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.