Trapattoni's at it again

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't know the ins and outs of this one.

All I know is that Ireland has never let City down.

For City he's hungry and ambitious.

He's not temporamental or petulant. He's a model pro.

I trust his reasons for this. Especially if he was bullied and not backed by the staff.

"Bullied" please. More sob stories and excuses. All that was complete bullshit and more then an insult to the other Irish players and staff.

IrishMacca said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I trust his reasons for this. Especially if he was bullied and not backed by the staff.

"Bullied" please. More sob stories and excuses. All that was complete bullshit and more then an insult to the other Irish players and staff.

How do you know it's bullshit, were you there ?

IrishMacca said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I don't know and you don't know.

But bearing in mind my personal experience of Steven Ireland, I trust he has good reason.

IrishMacca said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I think Ireland would come back quicker if Hunt wasnt in the squad.

The story goes that Hunt was the ring leader in slagging Ireland about his hair implants and a few of the lads held him down in the dressing room (pre Stevies kick boxing classes) and threathened to pull them out.

Stevie got changed and decided he wanted out, he met steve staunton in the corridor and staunton asked him if he was okay he panicked and said he had to leave as his grand mother died...... the rest is history. Ireland said his only regret about to whole situation was lying to steve staunton as he was a bloke he could have trusted. Stevie did an interview on mcfc.co.uk a few months ago about it.

Still think he should get over it and come back but what can you do

IrishMacca said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You know, I don't really understand what your problem is - on the one hand you're villifying the guy for CHOOSING not to play for his country and on the other, you're saying if he did decide to play it would piss a lot of people off.

Either way he can't win - so what's your gripe?

Stevie has made his choice and I suspect, wants everyone to stop going on about it - but Mr Trappatoni won't because he knows he needs his talent (I might even suspect his attitude is becoming more urgent as any chance of qualifying looks remote since twatini moved the goalposts, and that could affect his job).

I don't understand what you find so odd about the fact that Stevie shows more commitment to playing for his club than his country. I would have thought it was obvious - the fans at City appreciate him more and respect his views. Your lot just woman and moan - and the more you slag him off, the more determined he will be not to play for his country.

I seem to recall that both Paul Scholes and Alan Shearer CHOSE to end their England careers early and commited to their clubs. Don't remember any backlash from the fans.

As for not wanting to travel - just because YOU don't understand that perspective doesn't mean he's wrong. Some people don't like being away from their families for extended periods of time - it's not unheard of.

Oh, and as for the bullying issue - I'm sure Stevie's well over that but even so, why would he want to play football with a bunch of arseholes who made his life a misery - or worse still, stood by and didn't do anything about it.

I get really tired of the nationalistic blarney SUBJECTIVE bollox talked by the didle-ey-dil-dee God fearing "love your country" cretins on this topic.

Every man, regardless of country of origin, must decide for HIMSELF whether he considers it right or wrong to align himself to a country's cause. I don't give two fúcks what everyone else dreams of while wanking themselves to sleep. If an individual does not enjoy being part of a particular group for WHATEVER reason, wether valid or not, it is THEIR decision, not anyone elses.

Mark Twain said it best when he said "Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let them label you as they may."

In other words - Stephens choice is his choice - if you can't respect that, you deserve no respect yourself.

Dr Bolouswki said:
I get really tired of the nationalistic blarney SUBJECTIVE bollox talked by the didle-ey-dil-dee God fearing "love your country" cretins on this topic.

Every man, regardless of country of origin, must decide for HIMSELF whether he considers it right or wrong to align himself to a country's cause. I don't give two fúcks what everyone else dreams of while wanking themselves to sleep. If an individual does not enjoy being part of a particular group for WHATEVER reason, wether valid or not, it is THEIR decision, not anyone elses.

Mark Twain said it best when he said "Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let them label you as they may."

Relax, hes not being asked to pick up a rifle and go to war and die for his country, hes being asked to kick a football around in a green shirt ffs. Fact is hes not arsed playing for his country, i dont think Mark Twain was referring to that.

In other words - Stephens choice is his choice - if you can't respect that, you deserve no respect yourself.

Relax, hes not being asked to pick up a rifle and go to war and die for his country, hes being asked to kick a football around in a green shirt ffs. Fact is hes not arsed playing for his country, i dont think Mark Twain was referring to that.

All I want to say is regardless of the rights and wrongs of whether or not he should play, it would be a terrible idea to put him back in the squad now. There's no doubt many in the crowd would turn agianst him although I actually think he would be welcomed back by the vast majority of his team mates. This view is backed up by interviews of read from other Iriah squad members.
Let the players who have got us thus far, try and get us through the play-off. We've Stephen Reid to hopefully come back who's a huge player and hopefully Finnan will be fit enough too. Yes, you may laugh at our obvious limitations but we'll give it a good go!

I'd love to see Stevie ireland back in his national colours in the future but for now that's not going to happen. The same people from both sides of the arguement are always on these threads, time for you all to move on!

ireland (the player) has made such a strong stance on his international career that i feel he may have backed himself into a corner, even if he did want to go back in the squad i feel he may have burnt too many bridges with the rest of the lads, its best left as it is IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.