Trapattoni's at it again

Interesting how we justify the decisions of our own but come down heavy on other players that avoid international duty and teams that do all they can to stop players turning out.
Mitigating circumstances here - with the dressing room issues - gut feeling is you should play for your country - unlike Giggs and Carragher (blessing in disguise in his case).

Trapattoni won't shut up about Stephen Ireland because he knows that Eire's major weakness is it's midfield. Any international team that gives 100 caps to Kevin Kilbane and picks Glenn Whelan in midfield is obviously suffering from a serious lack of talent in that area of the pitch. Stephen Ireland would be a huge boost, and a huge improvement, to the quality of Eire's midfield and Trapattoni is, in equal parts, trying to coerce Ireland into a return with mind games whilst also providing himself with an excuse/scapegoat for when it all goes wrong for him as Irish manager.

We can discuss and debate whether Ireland should play for his country and why he has chosen not to for days on end and none of it will change anything. The only people who know why Ireland doesn't wish to pay for them are those directly involved in the situation/decision and those close enough to the people involved to have been told the truth. The rest of us are just using conjecture, supposition and guess work to back up our arguments.

Maybe Ireland will regret his decision in later life, maybe he won't, only he knows that, not Trapattoni, not the Irish press and certainly not IrishMacca and his pop psychology. What I find hard to believe is some people can support City so pationately yet possess such and obvious and poorly concealed hatred for one of our homegrown, talented and loyal players.

IrishMacca said:
C_T_I_D said:
Who would like to play alongside Stephen Hunt? Enough said.

His decision is his decision to make..but I just don't think ye'd have the same attitude or say the same thing if Rooney turned around in the morning, with no explanation, and said he no longer wanted to play for England ever again and he wasn't going to the WC. He'd be crucified, and ye'd be the first ones to do so..and ye know it.

There are not many players that try harder then Hunt. He'll work his socks off to get us to
the WC, he'll give everything. 100% all the time. No moaning, no crying, no stropy moad swing and being upset that people don't get down on their knees and beg him to play.

And on another note looking at one or two of the posts, don't give me that some players want to play in the WC, and some don't, 99.9% of players would kill to get to play in the WC. That includes the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, if it's not too good for the top class players of the world, it shouldn't be for Ireland.
When you're a young lad you don't dream of playing for Man City ot where ever it is you end up, especially if you're not from there, if you're from a little old town in Cork you don't spend your days dreaming of playing for a club like City, you dream of scoring the winning goal in the world cup.
And inside most of the pro footballers is still that 10 year old boy who just loves playing the game. You can see that in players like Rooney, Gerrard. They love what they do. And to them playing in the world cup is an honour and a privalege.
Remember when Rooney was injured in that Chelsea game before the last world cup (I think) and he just, by the skin of his teeth, made it. He killed himself to get there.
That's what most players would do.
I genuinely don't understand Ireland, but somewhere a long the way football died inside of him. And all the excuses in the world wont change that.
He mightn't have like the set up or like how he was treated all those years ago, but boohoo, Roy Keane was 10times the player Ireland is and he still sucked it all up, till he was sent home. It wasn't too good for him. Ya it didn't end well because he was sent home from the last WC, something that he's said till this day that he regrets more then anything.
And what the poor lad doesn't like travelling too and from, it's like 1 hour in a plane to Dublin, you've players going much further then that. Yet they don't whinge.

I wish there was an excuse that was true, but at the end of the day no excuse will change the fact that somewhere a long the way he lost what made him want to play the game all those years ago and now, it's all about the money and what's easy and convenient. Playing with Man City and not going to Ireland is easy and convenient. And that's all it is.
How sad is that.
He might call himself Superman, and he might have the personalised pants and cars, but at the end of the day heroes are formed on the international stage.
No one will remember him for scoring a goal against Fulham, but everyone would remember him scoring a goal against Germany.

..No amount of excuses will change that. I wouldn't ever want to have him in my corner in a fight. He could stab you in the back faster then he could hit the other guy..

You son are a twat........ fucking stephen hunt, blame that gypo if you want to point a finger.

jitsubluedan said:
IrishMacca said:
"Bullied" please. More sob stories and excuses. All that was complete bullshit and more then an insult to the other Irish players and staff.

You know, I don't really understand what your problem is - on the one hand you're villifying the guy for CHOOSING not to play for his country and on the other, you're saying if he did decide to play it would piss a lot of people off.

Either way he can't win - so what's your gripe?

Stevie has made his choice and I suspect, wants everyone to stop going on about it - but Mr Trappatoni won't because he knows he needs his talent (I might even suspect his attitude is becoming more urgent as any chance of qualifying looks remote since twatini moved the goalposts, and that could affect his job).

I don't understand what you find so odd about the fact that Stevie shows more commitment to playing for his club than his country. I would have thought it was obvious - the fans at City appreciate him more and respect his views. Your lot just woman and moan - and the more you slag him off, the more determined he will be not to play for his country.

I seem to recall that both Paul Scholes and Alan Shearer CHOSE to end their England careers early and commited to their clubs. Don't remember any backlash from the fans.

As for not wanting to travel - just because YOU don't understand that perspective doesn't mean he's wrong. Some people don't like being away from their families for extended periods of time - it's not unheard of.

Oh, and as for the bullying issue - I'm sure Stevie's well over that but even so, why would he want to play football with a bunch of arseholes who made his life a misery - or worse still, stood by and didn't do anything about it.

Ireland can go act like a little spoilt brat all he likes. Clearly he's been taken over by the professional business side of it all, all that money and ego most really go to the head.
He showed his true colours, he turned his back on his country when they needed him most.
But it's got nothing to do with wanting to give full comitment to the club. Every other player manages just fine. He could easily do both like every other single player.

You know you're attitude is hardly surprising and clearly hanging around your type of English supporters for a long time has had an imact, a very bad one at that.
The Irish fans, are some of the best in the world. We back our players to the end, we don't chant racist abuse (not saying ye do) and we certainly don't need to have police line the streets when we go away to play other teams.

And Scholes and Shearer both played with England for a long time. They didn't just turn their back because they couldn't be bothered.
They didn't walk away with no explaination.
If Rooney turned around in the morning and acted like Ireland did, ye'd be the first to crucify him. So get off your high horse.

It's clear that you've fuck all respect for the Irish players or management staff that you believe a rumour that was started, something that was never even hinted at by the child himself over them.
Clearly you've shown your true opinion on the likes of Given and Dunne.
The bullying story (it's laughable that we're supposed to be talking about the same person who pulled down his shorts to reveal his own personalised underwear to the entire world, that kind of person doesn't become a sensitive flower over night) the story's complete bullshit and anyone with half a brain about football and the Irish team would know that.
But sure any excuse will do..who was involved this time round, Noel Hunt is it? What about Roy Keane he was there as well I'm sure that was one version I heard..

We've got on just fine without Ireland. We might do better with him, but the brat can do what he likes. We'll be just fine and the boys who want to and feel honoured and privilaged to play for their country will do so, and try their best. They mightn't have half the natural ability that Ireland has, but I'd pick them over Ireland every single time. I wouldn't trust that lad beside me, he'd sooner stab you in the back then he would fight for you. Because with him, it's all about him and nothing else matters.

What gets me the most is that if Rooney turned around tomorrow and made the same decision Ireland made, there'd be no comments about how it's no big deal, how it's great that he's commiting to Man U like that, and it's Rooney's decision to make, and ye back him either way. England would crucify him, so would the media. And ye'd be right at the top of the list. Ye'd go after him like never before.
So like I said, get off ye're high horses. It's be a blood bath of Rooney quit England in the morning. And ye know it.

IrishMacca said:
jitsubluedan said:
You know, I don't really understand what your problem is - on the one hand you're villifying the guy for CHOOSING not to play for his country and on the other, you're saying if he did decide to play it would piss a lot of people off.

Either way he can't win - so what's your gripe?

Stevie has made his choice and I suspect, wants everyone to stop going on about it - but Mr Trappatoni won't because he knows he needs his talent (I might even suspect his attitude is becoming more urgent as any chance of qualifying looks remote since twatini moved the goalposts, and that could affect his job).

I don't understand what you find so odd about the fact that Stevie shows more commitment to playing for his club than his country. I would have thought it was obvious - the fans at City appreciate him more and respect his views. Your lot just woman and moan - and the more you slag him off, the more determined he will be not to play for his country.

I seem to recall that both Paul Scholes and Alan Shearer CHOSE to end their England careers early and commited to their clubs. Don't remember any backlash from the fans.

As for not wanting to travel - just because YOU don't understand that perspective doesn't mean he's wrong. Some people don't like being away from their families for extended periods of time - it's not unheard of.

Oh, and as for the bullying issue - I'm sure Stevie's well over that but even so, why would he want to play football with a bunch of arseholes who made his life a misery - or worse still, stood by and didn't do anything about it.

Ireland can go act like a little spoilt brat all he likes. Clearly he's been taken over by the professional business side of it all, all that money and ego most really go to the head.
He showed his true colours, he turned his back on his country when they needed him most.
But it's got nothing to do with wanting to give full comitment to the club. Every other player manages just fine. He could easily do both like every other single player.

You know you're attitude is hardly surprising and clearly hanging around your type of English supporters for a long time has had an imact, a very bad one at that.
The Irish fans, are some of the best in the world. We back our players to the end, we don't chant racist abuse (not saying ye do) and we certainly don't need to have police line the streets when we go away to play other teams.

And Scholes and Shearer both played with England for a long time. They didn't just turn their back because they couldn't be bothered.
If Rooney turned around in the morning and acted like Ireland did, ye'd be the first to crucify him. So get off your high horse.

It's clear that you've fuck all respect for the Irish players or management staff that you believe a rumour that was started, something that was never even hinted at by the child himself over them.
The bullying story (it's laughable that we're supposed to be talking about the same person who pulled down his shorts to reveal his own personalised underwear to the entire world, that kind of person doesn't become a sensitive flower over night) the story's complete bullshit and anyone with half a brain about football and the Irish team would know that.
But sure any excuse will do..who was involved this time round, Noel Hunt is it? What about Roy Keane he was there as well I'm sure that was one version I heard..

We've got on just fine without Ireland. We might do better with him, but the brat can do what he likes. We'll be just fine and the boys who want to and feel honoured and privilaged to play for their country will do so, and try their best. They mightn't have half the natural ability that Ireland has, but I'd pick them over Ireland every single time. I wouldn't trust that lad beside me, he'd sooner stab you in the back then he would fight for you. Because with him, it's all about him and nothing else matters.

Ok, we get it, you don't like Stephen Ireland. Now, do everyone a favour, this is a CITY forum, we support CITY which includes the players involved. How about you shut the fuck up with your vitriol about Ireland. Give it a rest for fucks sake. Your support of Eire and subsequent hatred of Ireland can be directly compared to a fan of another Premiership team coming on Bluemoon and slagging off one of our players, you get City fans backs up and you get them attacking you en masse.

Let me put it this way, were you a rag or a scouse fan posting about Ireland the way you have done I for one would have banned you long ago. Should I treat you differently because you (supposedly) are a City fan? Maybe for a while, but keep this up and I'll treat you the same way I would a rival fan posting the way you have.

Matty said:
IrishMacca said:

Ok, we get it, you don't like Stephen Ireland. Now, do everyone a favour, this is a CITY forum, we support CITY which includes the players involved. How about you shut the fuck up with your vitriol about Ireland. Give it a rest for fucks sake. Your support of Eire and subsequent hatred of Ireland can be directly compared to a fan of another Premiership team coming on Bluemoon and slagging off one of our players, you get City fans backs up and you get them attacking you en masse.

Let me put it this way, were you a rag or a scouse fan posting about Ireland the way you have done I for one would have banned you long ago. Should I treat you differently because you (supposedly) are a City fan? Maybe for a while, but keep this up and I'll treat you the same way I would a rival fan posting the way you have.

Oh I forgot we all most be puppets. He's a City player so we most fall at his feet and adore him, despite his actions.

It's amazing though what posts you notice and ones you don't..

IrishMacca said:
Matty said:

Oh I forgot we all most be puppets. He's a City player so we most fall at his feet despite his actions.

I've noticed that through the entire month of October the only posts you've made have been to slag off Ireland and discuss the Irish national team, do you actually support City or just Irish footballers who play for the national side? Despite his actions? Would those be the actions that, if anything, are beneficial to City? I couldn't give a shit about Eire.

I stand by my earlier point, stop your Ireland vitriol or I'll ban you. Do you think it's fair? Probably not. Do I care? Certainly not.

Matty said:
IrishMacca said:
Oh I forgot we all most be puppets. He's a City player so we most fall at his feet.

I've noticed that through the entire month of October the only posts you've made have been to slag off Ireland and discuss the Irish national team, do you actually support City or just Irish footballers who play for the national side?

I stand by my earlier point, stop your Ireland vitriol or I'll ban you. Do you think it's fair? Probably not. Do I care? Certainly not.

I'd say I've posted about 3 times in October. God forbid I must pick and choose topics. If I just wanted to talk about the Irish team I'd go somewhere else, and not waste my time here.

And I stand by what I say, it's just amazing what posts you pick and choose to see and take action on..
Conviently a comment which you've ignored..

IrishMacca said:
Matty said:
I've noticed that through the entire month of October the only posts you've made have been to slag off Ireland and discuss the Irish national team, do you actually support City or just Irish footballers who play for the national side?

I'd say I've posted about 3 times in October. God forbid I most pick and choose topics.

And I stand by what I say, it's just amazing what posts you pick and choose to see and take action to..
It's MUST !!!

IrishMacca said:
Matty said:

I'd say I've posted about 3 times in October. God forbid I must pick and choose topics. If I just wanted to talk about the Irish team I'd go somewhere else, and not waste my time here.

And I stand by what I say, it's just amazing what posts you pick and choose to see and take action on..
Conviently a comment which you've ignored..

I ignored it due to it's irrelevance but, seeing as you decided to draw yet more attention to it, here we go.

You're talking bollocks.

Need me to elaborate? Ok then.

Myslef, as well as the rest of the moderators, deal with posts and posters on a daily basis, deleting posts, banning/waring members, reminding people of the C of C, the list goes on. You've no clue what we do and don't do, what we ignore and what we deal with. Just becasue the open forum might look like something has been ignored doesn't actually mean it has been, the matter may well have been discussed on the mod forum or the poster PMed relating to it. So, as I said, you're talking bollocks and, as with the Ireland situation, you're making stuff up to fit your argument.

As for my point about your posts in October, well, you've posted 48 times, 46 of them are related to Ireland (player and/or team) and other Irish players. 2 posts unrelated to Ireland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.