Trapattoni's at it again

Ah Matty the countries name is Ireland, and its description is the Republic of Ireland, it is not Eire unless you're a gaelic speaker which I doubt is the case.

depps said:
Ah Matty the countries name is Ireland, and its description is the Republic of Ireland, it is not Eire unless you're a gaelic speaker which I doubt is the case.
I was getting fed up of putting in Ireland for the player and Ireland for the country due to the confusion involved. Republic of Ireland seemed excessive and still contained the word Ireland so wasn't a great deal better. Eire may well be the gealic name for the country but, therefore, it is an acceptable name to use.

depps said:

Ciamar a tha sibh an diugh?

Though I can only handle the Scottish variant and suspect that doesn't count in Irish eyes! ;-)

Blimey, IrishMacca in yet another tedious attack on Stephen Ireland shocker.

Matty said:
depps said:
I was getting fed up of putting in Ireland for the player and Ireland for the country due to the confusion involved. Republic of Ireland seemed excessive and still contained the word Ireland so wasn't a great deal better. Eire may well be the gealic name for the country but, therefore, it is an acceptable name to use.

Actually its not an acceptable name to use if you are speaking in English. The EU actually had to give the British Government a bit of a spanking over using the terms Eire and Southern Ireland a few years ago. I accept that you don't mean anything by it due to the circumstances but it can be seen as a derogatory/belittling way of referring to the country.

depps said:
Matty said:

Actually its not an acceptable name to use if you are speaking in English. The EU actually had to give the British Government a bit of a spanking over using the terms Eire and Southern Ireland a few years ago. I accept that you don't mean anything by it due to the circumstances but it can be seen as a derogatory/belittling way of referring to the country.
Potatoland, now that would be derogatory, I real fail to see how referring to a country by the name it's inhabitants use can be derogatory. Surely that's akin to calling Spain Espana and Rafa Benitez getting shirty about it?

Matty said:
IrishMacca said:
I'd say I've posted about 3 times in October. God forbid I must pick and choose topics. If I just wanted to talk about the Irish team I'd go somewhere else, and not waste my time here.

And I stand by what I say, it's just amazing what posts you pick and choose to see and take action on..
Conviently a comment which you've ignored..

I ignored it due to it's irrelevance but, seeing as you decided to draw yet more attention to it, here we go.

You're talking bollocks.

Need me to elaborate? Ok then.

Myslef, as well as the rest of the moderators, deal with posts and posters on a daily basis, deleting posts, banning/waring members, reminding people of the C of C, the list goes on. You've no clue what we do and don't do, what we ignore and what we deal with. Just becasue the open forum might look like something has been ignored doesn't actually mean it has been, the matter may well have been discussed on the mod forum or the poster PMed relating to it. So, as I said, you're talking bollocks and, as with the Ireland situation, you're making stuff up to fit your argument.

As for my point about your posts in October, well, you've posted 48 times, 46 of them are related to Ireland (player and/or team) and other Irish players. 2 posts unrelated to Ireland.

That in the moderating world is called being finished, ended, nada....... nothing to see here, move along please.
Get back to your stew

Oh its the weekly Irish bashing of SI.. FFS leave him alone, he doesnt want to play for you so you really need to get over it. City come first and any true blue would know that.

Matty said:
depps said:
Potatoland, now that would be derogatory, I real fail to see how referring to a country by the name it's inhabitants use can be derogatory. Surely that's akin to calling Spain Espana and Rafa Benitez getting shirty about it?

If you tell me your name is Matty and you like to be known as Matty but then I insist on calling you Matthew is that not insulting or derogatory? Its simple good manners to call a person by the name they want to be known by and the same is true of countries. The difference with Spain would be that the Spanish Government hasn't repeatedly asked that you stop referring to the country as Espana.

It's not that big a deal and I'm not looking to get into a fight over the politics of the whole name issue or whatever so ill just leave it but just take my word for it that Eire is not the countries name if you are speaking English.

IrishMacca said:
No he wont, he wont come back when there's a change of manager, that's not why he's not playing, it's about him not wanting to, not being bothered. He'd rather be at home or working out in the gym then on the international stage competing in the biggest football competition there is against the best players in the world. And he's said that, so no point in making something that it's not.
Ireland will regret his decision if we qualify, when he's older. And when he is older, say, 33/34 years old and Ireland qualify for the WC, and he's on poor form and at the end of his career, he'll turn around and tell us that he wants to come back. But by then it'll be too late, and he'll be told what Best was told all those years ago when he wanted to play for NI in the World Cup, he'll simply be told no thank you. That they don't need him.

And if Ireland came back, it would piss of a lot of people.
You get what's coming to you in the end Ireland will too. He'll regret his decision not to play for Ireland, when we needed him most, and when that finally hits home for him, well..by then it'll be too late, and if he decides to change his mind then, we wont need him.

..To think how many people would rip your arm off to ever get the chance to play in the WC. Pity what's football's becomming these days. Nothing like it used be.

Thats an extremely bitter post. You have absolutely no clue what Ireland is thinking; what he will or will not regret in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.