Trapattoni's at it again

You know what the more I think about this the more I feel Trapattoni doesn't want decent standard midfielders in his team. Whelan , Gibson and Andrews shouldn't be near the Irish first team but are and it is down to Trap.
Fat Sam at Blackburn came out today and slated Trap over what he said about Stephen Reid who if ever got fully fit and over all the injuries would be a first pick in the Irish team. Trap was saying that Reid will never get over his injury and may never come back to a top level. Well that pissed me off a half fit Stephen Reid is better than the clowns they have in midfield. It seems with Trap if you are good Irish player in midfield he doesn't want to know. Andy Reid first and now this with Stephen Reid I think he is trying to put together the worst Irish midfield ever.
There is other midfield talent out there but Trap the clown cant be bothered to look at them play which is a shame as they would add to the squad in general. I am baffled how Kilbane got a 100 caps its crazy he shouldn't of got half of that he seems undropable from the team and he is shit. For all the money he is on he isn't worth it. I know it sounds mad but Trap only won 4 games against the 2 worst teams in the group and draw the rest of the games. We are so weak at times when we go ahead that we give away stupid goals at the end and it is mainly down to his shit tatics.

IrishMacca said:
jitsubluedan said:
You know, I don't really understand what your problem is - on the one hand you're villifying the guy for CHOOSING not to play for his country and on the other, you're saying if he did decide to play it would piss a lot of people off.

Either way he can't win - so what's your gripe?

Stevie has made his choice and I suspect, wants everyone to stop going on about it - but Mr Trappatoni won't because he knows he needs his talent (I might even suspect his attitude is becoming more urgent as any chance of qualifying looks remote since twatini moved the goalposts, and that could affect his job).

I don't understand what you find so odd about the fact that Stevie shows more commitment to playing for his club than his country. I would have thought it was obvious - the fans at City appreciate him more and respect his views. Your lot just woman and moan - and the more you slag him off, the more determined he will be not to play for his country.

I seem to recall that both Paul Scholes and Alan Shearer CHOSE to end their England careers early and commited to their clubs. Don't remember any backlash from the fans.

As for not wanting to travel - just because YOU don't understand that perspective doesn't mean he's wrong. Some people don't like being away from their families for extended periods of time - it's not unheard of.

Oh, and as for the bullying issue - I'm sure Stevie's well over that but even so, why would he want to play football with a bunch of arseholes who made his life a misery - or worse still, stood by and didn't do anything about it.

Ireland can go act like a little spoilt brat all he likes. Clearly he's been taken over by the professional business side of it all, all that money and ego most really go to the head.
He showed his true colours, he turned his back on his country when they needed him most.
But it's got nothing to do with wanting to give full comitment to the club. Every other player manages just fine. He could easily do both like every other single player.

You know you're attitude is hardly surprising and clearly hanging around your type of English supporters for a long time has had an imact, a very bad one at that.
The Irish fans, are some of the best in the world. We back our players to the end, we don't chant racist abuse (not saying ye do) and we certainly don't need to have police line the streets when we go away to play other teams.

And Scholes and Shearer both played with England for a long time. They didn't just turn their back because they couldn't be bothered.
They didn't walk away with no explaination.
If Rooney turned around in the morning and acted like Ireland did, ye'd be the first to crucify him. So get off your high horse.

It's clear that you've fuck all respect for the Irish players or management staff that you believe a rumour that was started, something that was never even hinted at by the child himself over them.
Clearly you've shown your true opinion on the likes of Given and Dunne.
The bullying story (it's laughable that we're supposed to be talking about the same person who pulled down his shorts to reveal his own personalised underwear to the entire world, that kind of person doesn't become a sensitive flower over night) the story's complete bullshit and anyone with half a brain about football and the Irish team would know that.
But sure any excuse will do..who was involved this time round, Noel Hunt is it? What about Roy Keane he was there as well I'm sure that was one version I heard..

We've got on just fine without Ireland. We might do better with him, but the brat can do what he likes. We'll be just fine and the boys who want to and feel honoured and privilaged to play for their country will do so, and try their best. They mightn't have half the natural ability that Ireland has, but I'd pick them over Ireland every single time. I wouldn't trust that lad beside me, he'd sooner stab you in the back then he would fight for you. Because with him, it's all about him and nothing else matters.

What gets me the most is that if Rooney turned around tomorrow and made the same decision Ireland made, there'd be no comments about how it's no big deal, how it's great that he's commiting to Man U like that, and it's Rooney's decision to make, and ye back him either way. England would crucify him, so would the media. And ye'd be right at the top of the list. Ye'd go after him like never before.
So like I said, get off ye're high horses. It's be a blood bath of Rooney quit England in the morning. And ye know it.

Just got in from work and picked up that pathetic pile of vitriol.

And as for the comment regarding "your type of English supporters" - both my parents are from the west of Ireland and I have always supported both England & Ireland equally. However, I happen to respect that if someone doesn't want to play for their country - Rooney included - then that is their decision.

You still haven't explained what your gripe is - you've made it perfectly clear you don't want Stevie to play for the national side. He's decided not to - so you've got your wish - end of issue.

As for disrespecting Dunney & Given - that would only apply if they were the one's who bullied him (or stood by and watched). I doubt they did because Stevie never seemed to have any problem with them. Therefore, my comment was never aimed at them.

Not on any high horse - just don't understand why you're so vitriolic - and I also think that Trappatoni will use Stevie as his scapegoat if you don't qualify, which is the real reason behind the article.

It's ultimately a crying shame for Ireland and Stevie - Ireland suffer because they're without the services of an extremely talented player, and Stevie is limiting his game, and turning down the opportunity of a lifetime.

I was actually quite surprised when I read one of his previous interviews, in which he was clearly beyond indifferent at returning to International football which I found baffling.

There is no bigger learning experience than International football, especially at a World Cup. Stevie is turning down the opportunity to develop as a player and play on the biggest stage of them all.

Ultimately it's his loss - it's just a shame that he doesn't recognise that.

*singingtheblues* said:
It's ultimately a crying shame for Ireland and Stevie - Ireland suffer because they're without the services of an extremely talented player, and Stevie is limiting his game, and turning down the opportunity of a lifetime.

I was actually quite surprised when I read one of his previous interviews, in which he was clearly beyond indifferent at returning to International football which I found baffling.

There is no bigger learning experience than International football, especially at a World Cup. Stevie is turning down the opportunity to develop as a player and play on the biggest stage of them all.

Ultimately it's his loss - it's just a shame that he doesn't recognise that.

I feel the same, he could easily be Captain in 4/5 years time!

My brother paid a fair whack for Superman's last ever ROI shirt at a charity event auction the other week. He'd be well pissed off if Stevie changes his mind!

IrishMacca said:
Dubai Blue said:
Maybe, just maybe, Ireland falls into the other 0.1%. It really isn't beyond the realms of possibility. I remember reading a couple of years ago that despite being extremely good at it, Stevie doesn't actually have much of an interest in football. If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Stevie is a bit "different". Maybe he really just isn't bothered about it, and that's it.

Again you're making assumptions. Unless you know Stephen Ireland personally, you can't possibly know that this applies to him. Just because other lads feel that way doesn't mean Stevie has to as well.

And you find nothing wrong with that, you don't find that slighty disturbing?
No, not at all. Why should I?

IrishMacca said:
Ireland can go act like a little spoilt brat all he likes. Clearly he's been taken over by the professional business side of it all, all that money and ego most really go to the head.
He showed his true colours, he turned his back on his country when they needed him most.
But it's got nothing to do with wanting to give full comitment to the club. Every other player manages just fine. He could easily do both like every other single player.

You know you're attitude is hardly surprising and clearly hanging around your type of English supporters for a long time has had an imact, a very bad one at that.
The Irish fans, are some of the best in the world. We back our players to the end, we don't chant racist abuse (not saying ye do) and we certainly don't need to have police line the streets when we go away to play other teams.

And Scholes and Shearer both played with England for a long time. They didn't just turn their back because they couldn't be bothered.
They didn't walk away with no explaination.
If Rooney turned around in the morning and acted like Ireland did, ye'd be the first to crucify him. So get off your high horse.

It's clear that you've fuck all respect for the Irish players or management staff that you believe a rumour that was started, something that was never even hinted at by the child himself over them.
Clearly you've shown your true opinion on the likes of Given and Dunne.
The bullying story (it's laughable that we're supposed to be talking about the same person who pulled down his shorts to reveal his own personalised underwear to the entire world, that kind of person doesn't become a sensitive flower over night) the story's complete bullshit and anyone with half a brain about football and the Irish team would know that.
But sure any excuse will do..who was involved this time round, Noel Hunt is it? What about Roy Keane he was there as well I'm sure that was one version I heard..

We've got on just fine without Ireland. We might do better with him, but the brat can do what he likes. We'll be just fine and the boys who want to and feel honoured and privilaged to play for their country will do so, and try their best. They mightn't have half the natural ability that Ireland has, but I'd pick them over Ireland every single time. I wouldn't trust that lad beside me, he'd sooner stab you in the back then he would fight for you. Because with him, it's all about him and nothing else matters.
You, sir, are quite clearly a clown. There's not much else I can say than that.

I thought this thread was about Trappattoni's comments about Steven Reid.

Trappattoni is desperate to have Ireland in the team, because the midfield seems to be the main weak link. This was evident against Cyprus, a better team like France would exploit that. That is why Trappattoni needs Ireland, Steven Reid is too injury prone, and why Andy Reid is not getting a call, I just don't know. A half-fit Steven Reid is far better than Andrews, Whelan or Kilbane.

leighton said:
You know what the more I think about this the more I feel Trapattoni doesn't want decent standard midfielders in his team. Whelan , Gibson and Andrews shouldn't be near the Irish first team but are and it is down to Trap.
Fat Sam at Blackburn came out today and slated Trap over what he said about Stephen Reid who if ever got fully fit and over all the injuries would be a first pick in the Irish team. Trap was saying that Reid will never get over his injury and may never come back to a top level. Well that pissed me off a half fit Stephen Reid is better than the clowns they have in midfield. It seems with Trap if you are good Irish player in midfield he doesn't want to know. Andy Reid first and now this with Stephen Reid I think he is trying to put together the worst Irish midfield ever.
There is other midfield talent out there but Trap the clown cant be bothered to look at them play which is a shame as they would add to the squad in general. I am baffled how Kilbane got a 100 caps its crazy he shouldn't of got half of that he seems undropable from the team and he is shit. For all the money he is on he isn't worth it. I know it sounds mad but Trap only won 4 games against the 2 worst teams in the group and draw the rest of the games. We are so weak at times when we go ahead that we give away stupid goals at the end and it is mainly down to his shit tatics.

Saw those comments also, and fat Sam slating Trap for them on SSN last night. Adds a little credence to Stevies comments about Trap maybe?

Dubai Blue said:
You, sir, are quite clearly a clown. There's not much else I can say than that.

Spot on - i get the impression he either got the message - or got banned. Please be aware this "irsihmacca" cretin isn't representative of Irish blues.

As for the "go eat your stew" comment somone made - that was top notch - gave me a real belly laugh :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.