Trapattoni's at it again

TFC said:
leighton said:
You know what the more I think about this the more I feel Trapattoni doesn't want decent standard midfielders in his team. Whelan , Gibson and Andrews shouldn't be near the Irish first team but are and it is down to Trap.
Fat Sam at Blackburn came out today and slated Trap over what he said about Stephen Reid who if ever got fully fit and over all the injuries would be a first pick in the Irish team. Trap was saying that Reid will never get over his injury and may never come back to a top level. Well that pissed me off a half fit Stephen Reid is better than the clowns they have in midfield. It seems with Trap if you are good Irish player in midfield he doesn't want to know. Andy Reid first and now this with Stephen Reid I think he is trying to put together the worst Irish midfield ever.
There is other midfield talent out there but Trap the clown cant be bothered to look at them play which is a shame as they would add to the squad in general. I am baffled how Kilbane got a 100 caps its crazy he shouldn't of got half of that he seems undropable from the team and he is shit. For all the money he is on he isn't worth it. I know it sounds mad but Trap only won 4 games against the 2 worst teams in the group and draw the rest of the games. We are so weak at times when we go ahead that we give away stupid goals at the end and it is mainly down to his shit tatics.

Saw those comments also, and fat Sam slating Trap for them on SSN last night. Adds a little credence to Stevies comments about Trap maybe?

I would say you are right TFC.

leighton said:
There is other midfield talent out there but Trap cant be bothered to look at them play which is a shame as they would add to the squad in general.
Who is out there that isn’t in the squad? Here’s a list of recently used Midfielders. Who should be included That Trap is unaware of? Besides our Boy? Very little pickings IMO ,no one as dependable as Stephen any where to be seen. Not all should be placed at the managers door IMO, what about the scout .Frank Stapleton?
Kevin Kilbane
Keith Andrews
Damien Duff
Darron Gibson
Stephen Hunt
Andy Keogh
Liam Lawrence
Aiden McGeady
Liam Miller
Steven Reid
Martin Rowlands
Glenn Whelan

Unknown_Genius said:
No Steven or Andy Reid in the squad?!
Stevens there, no Andy.Andy Reid is a quality premier league player though,and another player who has famously fell out with Trapattoni.Just those two alone would raise the ROI Playing standard and profile in the Football world,IMO.

As long as SI is fit for City,I couldn't give two about whether or not he plays for Ireland again.
Neither could he,by looks of things.Get over it and move on.

City winning the Carling cup is 900% more important than a disinterested Ireland in the last 32 of the WC.

RobbieBrewer said:
As long as SI is fit for City,I couldn't give two about whether or not he plays for Ireland again.
City winning the Carling cup is 900% more important than a disinterested Ireland in the last 32 of the WC.
Yep agree,its up to the player and his motivation.Not bothered as long as he gives 100% for City.His own personal demons are for him to sort out.National pride concerning international representation arent worth a feck these days anyway.

jamiegrimble said:
RobbieBrewer said:
Yep agree,its up to the player and his motivation.Not bothered as long as he gives 100% for City.His own personal demons are for him to sort out.National pride concerning international representation arent worth a feck these days anyway.

Fair enough...something's obviously stopped SI playing international football,in the same way it did Scholes...
Is it really worth agonising over though?

I can't get it-and that's from someone who really doesn't give a toss about the most overated,overhyped England team since the last one....;-)

IrishMacca said:
C_T_I_D said:
Who would like to play alongside Stephen Hunt? Enough said.

His decision is his decision to make..but I just don't think ye'd have the same attitude or say the same thing if Rooney turned around in the morning, with no explanation, and said he no longer wanted to play for England ever again and he wasn't going to the WC. He'd be crucified, and ye'd be the first ones to do so..and ye know it.

There are not many players that try harder then Hunt. He'll work his socks off to get us to
the WC, he'll give everything. 100% all the time. No moaning, no crying, no stropy moad swing and being upset that people don't get down on their knees and beg him to play.

And on another note looking at one or two of the posts, don't give me that some players want to play in the WC, and some don't, 99.9% of players would kill to get to play in the WC. That includes the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, if it's not too good for the top class players of the world, it shouldn't be for Ireland.
When you're a young lad you don't dream of playing for Man City ot where ever it is you end up, especially if you're not from there, if you're from a little old town in Cork you don't spend your days dreaming of playing for a club like City, you dream of scoring the winning goal in the world cup.
And inside most of the pro footballers is still that 10 year old boy who just loves playing the game. You can see that in players like Rooney, Gerrard. They love what they do. And to them playing in the world cup is an honour and a privalege.
Remember when Rooney was injured in that Chelsea game before the last world cup (I think) and he just, by the skin of his teeth, made it. He killed himself to get there.
That's what most players would do.
I genuinely don't understand Ireland, but somewhere a long the way football died inside of him. And all the excuses in the world wont change that.
He mightn't have like the set up or like how he was treated all those years ago, but boohoo, Roy Keane was 10times the player Ireland is and he still sucked it all up, till he was sent home. It wasn't too good for him. Ya it didn't end well because he was sent home from the last WC, something that he's said till this day that he regrets more then anything.
And what the poor lad doesn't like travelling too and from, it's like 1 hour in a plane to Dublin, you've players going much further then that. Yet they don't whinge.

I wish there was an excuse that was true, but at the end of the day no excuse will change the fact that somewhere a long the way he lost what made him want to play the game all those years ago and now, it's all about the money and what's easy and convenient. Playing with Man City and not going to Ireland is easy and convenient. And that's all it is.
How sad is that.
He might call himself Superman, and he might have the personalised pants and cars, but at the end of the day heroes are formed on the international stage.
No one will remember him for scoring a goal against Fulham, but everyone would remember him scoring a goal against Germany.

..No amount of excuses will change that. I wouldn't ever want to have him in my corner in a fight. He could stab you in the back faster then he could hit the other guy..

What you don't seem to recognise is that Stevie was treated like shite by his own so called teammates, you may be the type that can accept that, Steven Ireland is clearly not. You will always be biased towards your country, fair enough. You shouldn't let that bias blind
you to the crap they pull.

Good luck to the lad. If he says he aint gonna play for Ireland then he aint gonna play - end of - no-one can force him to. I personally respect his decision, for whatever reason(s) he has, for stayin' away from internationals. He's represented his country 7 or 8 times so he knows the score an' if he's not happy with the manager/set up/travel an' wants to steer clear of it all then so well an' good. Give him credit for bein' his own man.

jamiegrimble said:
Unknown_Genius said:
No Steven or Andy Reid in the squad?!
Stevens there, no Andy.Andy Reid is a quality premier league player though,and another player who has famously fell out with Trapattoni.Just those two alone would raise the ROI Playing standard and profile in the Football world,IMO.

No Steven Reid is not in the team.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12098_5661837,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 37,00.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.