Travel Advice - Transferring planes in Istanbul - Do I need a visa?

Mike N

Do any of you travellers know if a Turkish Visa is required for a four-hour stop in Istanbul?

I think it depends on whether you pass through the domestic or international terminal. Assuming you're going through the international terminal, I don't think you need to buy a visa. I could be wrong.. but either way, it's £20 now and you can pay there.

As above, although you're better doing it online before you go, it' not £20 it's $20, around £14. Just type in 'Turkish visa' and visit the govt site, not the agents above it who charge much more, you don't need a copy either, they'll have all your details there online.

As above, although you're better doing it online before you go, it' not £20 it's $20, around £14. Just type in 'Turkish visa' and visit the govt site, not the agents above it who charge much more, you don't need a copy either, they'll have all your details there online.

They robbed me for 6 quid last time then :/ It was a tenner for years and then the visa man asked for 20 last time I went. What a shit.

They robbed me for 6 quid last time then :/ It was a tenner for years and then the visa man asked for 20 last time I went. What a shit.
Yeah, it's doubled from a couple of years ago if you do it on arrival, online is best, it lasts 6 months by the way, so multiple entries can be made.

Yeah, it's doubled from a couple of years ago if you do it on arrival, online is best, it lasts 6 months by the way, so multiple entries can be made.
while multiple entries can be made you are only allowed 90 days in the country out of 6 mth(180 days ) if you want more days in you have to apply for 12 month resident visa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.