Travel to Brazil - Anyone know anything about

bumbleblue

Permission to travel for a minor ( under 18) travelling with one natural parent. My partner has a 14 year old and we have been told we need a legal document from her other biological parent to state they agree for the child to travel etc. Anyone had any experience of this when travelling to Brazil? We have tried the embassy and consulate .. both as much use as a choc teapot. You cant ring though there is a number and we emailed them loads of times no reply... we are shitting it now. Please help if you can.

My 16 year old daughter has just gone to Gran Canaria with her friends and their parents ..... but me and the missus have given them a letter (at THEIR request) that gives them permission to take our child out of the UK ...... apparently they've had similar problems in previous years , and have been asked , by the relevant border authorities , for a signed covering letter.

Maybe as only one biological parent is taking your child , the other needs to give permission.

I should imagine that somewhere such as Brazil has to be treated accordingly .... and especially as they had a bit of a job bringing the likes of Ronnie Biggs back , due to the lack of an extradition agreement!

bumbleblue said:
Permission to travel for a minor ( under 18) travelling with one natural parent. My partner has a 14 year old and we have been told we need a legal document from her other biological parent to state they agree for the child to travel etc. Anyone had any experience of this when travelling to Brazil? We have tried the embassy and consulate .. both as much use as a choc teapot. You cant ring though there is a number and we emailed them loads of times no reply... we are shitting it now. Please help if you can.

You need permission from the other parent, not from Brazil.

Sorry if reading it incorrectly, if I am my misses is Brazilian and can help.

Thanks for getting back mamba and smugedj.. situation is my partner and i both british , are taking her daughter to visit my cousin and her family in brazil. Then we saw when we booked a hotel something which said if any of our party was under 18 we needed notarised authorisation from a natural parent if only one was travelling with the child. We have tried countless times to get info from Brazilian embassy and consulate but they haven't replied and we are due to go early (very early) on Monday morning. We are scared shitless they are going to send us home and we have now printed off a document from the consulate which appears to be designed for brazilian people who want to travel abroad but at least it is in portuguese. we have also drafted a letter in english for the childs natural father to sign and we will ask him to do this at a notary or solicitors office to authenticate it. Hope this is ok ..

bumbleblue said:
Thanks for getting back mamba and smugedj.. situation is my partner and i both british , are taking her daughter to visit my cousin and her family in brazil. Then we saw when we booked a hotel something which said if any of our party was under 18 we needed notarised authorisation from a natural parent if only one was travelling with the child. We have tried countless times to get info from Brazilian embassy and consulate but they haven't replied and we are due to go early (very early) on Monday morning. We are scared shitless they are going to send us home and we have now printed off a document from the consulate which appears to be designed for brazilian people who want to travel abroad but at least it is in portuguese. we have also drafted a letter in english for the childs natural father to sign and we will ask him to do this at a notary or solicitors office to authenticate it. Hope this is ok ..

You should be okay with that 'bumbleblue' ......

bumbleblue said:
. we have also drafted a letter in english for the childs natural father to sign and we will ask him to do this at a notary or solicitors office to authenticate it. Hope this is ok ..

That's all you need to do, you'll be fine.

Where abouts are you going?

My cousin and her family live in Florianopolis but we have booked three nights in Rio and three nights in Foz do iguaco as well during our three weeks there. Thanks for your help guys

bumbleblue said:
My cousin and her family live in Florianopolis but we have booked three nights in Rio and three nights in Foz do iguaco as well during our three weeks there. Thanks for your help guys

Florianopolis nice place; very like Europe, cold when I went. Very nice beaches. Have a good time mate.

smudgedj said:
bumbleblue said:

Florianopolis nice place; very like Europe, cold when I went. Very nice beaches. Have a good time mate.
My cousin says it is cold at the moment although i wondered if her cold was different after living there for nearly 20 years??

bumbleblue said:
smudgedj said:
bumbleblue said:

My cousin says it is cold at the moment although i wondered if her cold was different after living there for nearly 20 years??

No it's winter there and is cold ;-)

http://jornaldotempo.uol.com.br/previsaodotempo.html/brasil/Florianopolis-SC/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.