travel to madrid

Now that is a good price, are you doing an overnight or 3 days ? I missed out on Shalke after shelling out for flights last year, I was saved by someone I know so got to go in the end but for that reason I haven't booked anything yet.

Overnight m8

We'll get about 4k tickets and if you want one you'll get one. Don't think we'll sell out.

I think this is spot on. I've been twice and will skip it this time and save my money for the QFs.

Word of advice for those that didn't go last time, get in the ground early.
Those Spanish coppers need no excuse to start with their batons, and with 30 minutes to kick off and a crowd building outside the turnstiles... Well, you can imagine.

I think this is spot on. I've been twice and will skip it this time and save my money for the QFs.

Word of advice for those that didn't go last time, get in the ground early.
Those Spanish coppers need no excuse to start with their batons, and with 30 minutes to kick off and a crowd building outside the turnstiles... Well, you can imagine.
Good advice to which I'd add to do your drinking well away from the ground, preferably away from places like Plaza Mayor. The police weren't too bad there during the day but were absolute twats close to the stadium. We'd just left a bar near to the stadium when the fans got baton charged. talkign to fan reps of the other English clubs in Europe and the European head of the FSF, they said the Spanish police were by far the worst and were seemingly not subject to any political control. It's actually a strategy of the Spanish police to discourage away fans by being as heavy-handed as possible, which is why there isn't a large travelling support in domestic games. I suppose it's one way of solving the points problem.

Don’t worry about tickets, easy to obtain.
After our first trip and pitched battle with the military police said we will be prepared next time, bought tickets in home end no probs for semi also much better views, no chicken mess, friendly locals. Avoid the end behind goal opposite where City fans will be it’s where ultras go.
On leaving stroll out without the standard pitched battle with the coppers. Metro right opposite to connect anywhere you wish.
Bar the coppers it’s a top stadium would recommend to all to visit

Will be in Marbella for next 3 months , so its an AVE train ride from Malaga to Madrid takes about two and half hours will be my 1st european away day , going with a pal Miguel been to a few Malaga games with him and his mates , he f*cking hates Real so will lend him a shirt to wear , can't wait for this.

Booked from Dublin. Hopefully get some tickets. 8k+ points but not on the scheme. Went in 2012 to!

It's one of those games. If you're keen to go, then go. You'll most likely get a ticket in the City end and it's so easy to pick up tickets in the home end. They have loads of little ticketing kiosks around Madrid, just make friends with a local and ask him to go and buy you a couple (in exchange for a couple of beers).

What level do we think tickets will sell out at if it’s a 4K allocation?
I don't think it will sell out. I'd estimate we'll take something like 2.5k.

A lot of people will be put off because;
  • Expensive Flights
  • 3rd time we've played there
  • Madrid Police
  • Round of 16 game
  • A dislike of the competition (that will disappear if we make the semis)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.