Travel to the USA

was trying to think of where we went in Naples anyway the mrs just said Tin City if that rings a bell,nice bar there with live Rock Music on by the waterfront
Yeah know tin city well, it’s just down the road from us.You probably went on 5th
thats where most of the restaurants and bars are.
ive been to Marco a few times what’s your favourite bar there?

Yeah know tin city well, it’s just down the road from us.You probably went on 5th
thats where most of the restaurants and bars are.
ive been to Marco a few times what’s your favourite bar there?
didnt really venture much at nights, just a few beers by the pool at the villa its more of an aged retirement place i think but relaxing, not sure if the locals could handle a rock or reggae bar, we also stay at Capri which is an island 1 or 2 milies north east of Marco, we were there when Irma made a direct hit and what a mess it ripped the roof off the villa, there is/was a resturant that gave us fish heads for two Dolphins that come up the waterfront everyday at the same time for there feed nicknamed Bill and Ben by the locals,they were that tame they just came up to you and brushed against you, i love it out there its another world if finances would alow id go for good, when it was clear Irma was going to make a head on strike we tried to head north 'Tamiami trail' but it was packed so we headed to Miami and again could not go north so we went to the keys and ended up paying $300 per night at a motel on key Largo, there isnt much on Marco infact the wife is adicted to Taco Bell and the nearest was about 1 mile south of Naples a 20 minute ride for a bloody take away, mind you when the guy at the car hire Co shrugs his shoulders and says we have no compact cars so il give you a free upgrade and you drive off in brand new Cherokee you can only enjoy ;-)

Last edited:
didnt really venture much at nights, just a few beers by the pool at the villa its more of an aged retirement place i think but relaxing, not sure if the locals could handle a rock or reggae bar, we also stay at Capri which is an island 1 or 2 milies north east of Marco, we were there when Irma made a direct hit and what a mess it ripped the roof off the villa, there is/was a resturant that gave us fish heads for two Dolphins that come up the waterfront everyday at the same time for there feed nicknamed Bill and Ben by the locals,they were that tame they just came up to you and brushed against you, i love it out there its another world if finances would alow id go for good, when it was clear Irma was going to make a head on strike we tried to head north 'Tamiami trail' but it was packed so we headed to Miami and again could not go north so we went to the keys and ended up paying $300 per night at a motel on key Largo, there isnt much on Marco infact the wife is adicted to Taco Bell and the nearest was about 1 mile south of Naples a 20 minute ride for a bloody take away, mind you when the guy at the car hire Co shrugs his shoulders and says we have no compact cars so il give you a free upgrade and you drive off in brand new Cherokee you can only enjoy ;-)
Shit that must have been a bit scary, we were lucky we didnt sustain much damage
from Irma as were more inland.Ive ridden to Capri a few times do you remember the name of the restaurant?
I know what you mean, I’d love to be there full time ,if only money was no object.
Ha I know that Taco Bell it’s just round the corner.
Car hire is great out there we nearly always get a free upgrade into something nice.
Cant wait to go there once restrictions are lifted.

We fancy florida next year, ive been twice but mrs never has so we want to take the kids , theyll be 6 and 9 next year.

want to spend as little time as possible in Orlando and do maybe 3 theme parks and then spend a week or so heading down to florida keys.
Any tips on maybe 2/3 places to stay for the week or so on way down from orlando to the keys?
been to siesta key and loved it there.

We fancy florida next year, ive been twice but mrs never has so we want to take the kids , theyll be 6 and 9 next year.

want to spend as little time as possible in Orlando and do maybe 3 theme parks and then spend a week or so heading down to florida keys.
Any tips on maybe 2/3 places to stay for the week or so on way down from orlando to the keys?
I have a place in Davenport that we rent out (hint, hint), we have travelled down to the keys a couple of time usually stopping in Miami a day or two then straight down to Key West found nice hotel on David street which is the main stretch, love it

I have a place in Davenport that we rent out (hint, hint), we have travelled down to the keys a couple of time usually stopping in Miami a day or two then straight down to Key West found nice hotel on David street which is the main stretch, love it
Hint taken ;)
Only thing is ... id only be looking for 3/4 nights so would probably bugger up bookings for you as im sure youd want a solid 7/14 night booking
How long is the drive from orlando to miami ?

Hint taken ;)
Only thing is ... id only be looking for 3/4 nights so would probably bugger up bookings for you as im sure youd want a solid 7/14 night booking
How long is the drive from orlando to miami ?
Drive to Miami is about 3-4 hrs, drive from there to Key West is longer probably about 5-6 hrs

Head to Vero Beach. Then Miami.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.