Travel to Wembley

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueAnorak, 20 Feb 2020.

1. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Team supported:
    MCFC.
    True.but stanmore station car park isnt huge and if your not early can struggle to get in...
    But,there are lots iof local residents actively inviting fans to park on their drive for a reasonable fee...
    The journey in from stanmore is as you say easy and quick.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2020
  2. Muffin or barm?

Muffin or barm?

I parked here a lot when going to London due to ease but parked here for one of the games against Chelsea, and it took about 90 minutes to get out of the car park. Is this normal? I park at Ruislip normally but with the works on the tube line, it's not the best idea this time.

3. Boris Becker’s Backhand

Boris Becker’s Backhand

Team supported:
    City
    I
    I never park in the car park, I’ve paid between £10 and £20 to park on drives. If you venture further into the estate that’s on the same side of the road as the station you can find designated parking bays on the road which because it was on a Sunday were eligible to use for the Chelsea final last year so I assume this will be the case again

4. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Looks like plenty of roadworks on the route too. Bloke I know said they have been closing parts of M1/M6 overnight from 10pm recently as he has been affected. Might be worth checking if driving there and back in the day.

5. bluebanjo

bluebanjo

You can prebook Stanmore online and the spaces are reserved. The only downside is it''s half a mile inside the low emission zone.

6. bluebanjo

bluebanjo

We drive to Watford . On sundays you can park on the strret. Next to the station there's a pub called O'Neills used to be The Flag. On Wembley days it's full of City fans. Then a short train journey to Wembly Central with a ten minute walk to the Stadium. After the game you don't have to shuffle along Wembley Way. And no LEZ or congestion charge.

7. Gingers Dad

Gingers Dad

Try the parking websites. It wasn't for football but I've used them to park at Stanmore. Seems like every driveway near the station is being let out for parking.

8. Ian

Ian

Might be a daft question but do you have to knock on the owners door when you park up, or just park and off you go?

9. Neil H

Neil H

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Everything is sorted when you book, so just park up and go

Ian likes this.
  10. xgorton

xgorton

Only if you want a brew and a sandwich.

peewit57 and Ian like this.