Traveling from the states

Thanks to all three of you. We will be in London from the Thursday to the Tuesday just to be safe and will come up for the game. I’m very excited to see my first game at the Etihad. I have only had the pleasure of seeing them play at Yankee stadium.

Hi gomer27

Just a reminder not to pay for your tickets through any agencies, that are a rip off. You have plenty of time to sort out your tickets through Cityzen’s membership.

I just mention this because I was chatting to a couple of guys from the States at a Champs League a couple of years ago who had paid £250 each for their tickets.

Hi gomer27

Just a reminder not to pay for your tickets through any agencies, that are a rip off. You have plenty of time to sort out your tickets through Cityzen’s membership.

I just mention this because I was chatting to a couple of guys from the States at a Champs League a couple of years ago who had paid £250 each for their tickets.
It definitely helps that we aren’t playing Liverpool, United, Arsenal or Chelsea though! But we are going to look for tickets soon

Greetings Blues,

I'm also traveling from the states with the Mrs. and my two kids (Son: 11, Daughter 9) over the Xmas holiday. We arrive on Xmas eve and depart on 6/1/19. I'm planning to catch the only home match during that time period (Lpool at home on 1/1/19) and then one of the two away fixtures during that time (either away to Leicester on Boxing Day or Away to S'hampton on 29/12/18). Any suggestions as to my best chance of getting decent (semi-affordable) tix for the 4 of us to the home match v.s. Liverpool on New Year's Day? I've been a member on the club site for a while although they don't have their ticket mechanism working as of yet (apparently it goes live tomorrow). Is the website the best option for getting seats? Where should we sit? Also, between King Power and St. Mary's, which would you recommend as an away fan? Also, which of the two locations offers better before/after food/sites, etc.?

Cheers,
ASW

Greetings Blues,

I'm also traveling from the states with the Mrs. and my two kids (Son: 11, Daughter 9) over the Xmas holiday. We arrive on Xmas eve and depart on 6/1/19. I'm planning to catch the only home match during that time period (Lpool at home on 1/1/19) and then one of the two away fixtures during that time (either away to Leicester on Boxing Day or Away to S'hampton on 29/12/18). Any suggestions as to my best chance of getting decent (semi-affordable) tix for the 4 of us to the home match v.s. Liverpool on New Year's Day? I've been a member on the club site for a while although they don't have their ticket mechanism working as of yet (apparently it goes live tomorrow). Is the website the best option for getting seats? Where should we sit? Also, between King Power and St. Mary's, which would you recommend as an away fan? Also, which of the two locations offers better before/after food/sites, etc.?

Cheers,
ASW

For the home game v Liverpool to buy tickets on the site you will all need memberships
https://tickets.mancity.com/memberships
To buy in the membership window which is going to cost you £120 plus the ticket price -£5 discount per ticket. The window to buy is 2nd-23rd July for members.
I doubt Liverpool home will go to general sale on NYD
Could try corporate? but that won't be cheap.
Away tickets will be even more of a struggle, especially since you are needing 4 together.

Greetings Blues,

Cheers,
ASW
Where do you live in the States? There could be a supporters club in the area that you can join and get tickets for the Liverpool game for. You can also try on here nearer the time. There may be a family of 4 unable to get to the game on New Years Day.

Where do you live in the States? There could be a supporters club in the area that you can join and get tickets for the Liverpool game for. You can also try on here nearer the time. There may be a family of 4 unable to get to the game on New Years Day.

Good point mate. The Supporters Club option might also be a runner for Southampton Away Tickets (with the fixture being at an inconvenient time) although getting 4 tickets might be a long shot.

Gents - thanks for responding, well appreciated.

Just an update - I got a ticket to the home match v L'pool on NYD. I'm in The Colin Bell Stand Level 2, Section 222, Row E.

I had purchased a matchday membership back on June 25 for myself which was sufficient to get me into the purchase window for the City v Pool match. I couldn't get a ticket for the Mrs. and kids since I hadn't purchased matchday memberships for them back on June 25 (in hindsight, I wish I had done so). The Mrs. is cool though and she knows how important this is to me so she isn't bothered too much. She and the kids would be thrilled if they could go but will try to get any seats possible during the general admission window. They realize its a long-shot.

I'm definitely worried that tix to the away matches to LCFC and S'hampton are going to be difficult. I live just east of the San Fran Bay area in California. There's a supporters club in the city (San Fran) that I could check with (as you suggested). I've noticed that LCFC won't be selling the 26/12 fixture against City until November and S'hampton don't have any PL fixtures for sale yet. But shouldn't I be trying to purchase away tix thru City's website? Where do you buy your away tix?

By the way, my wife & kids have since purchased matchday memberships for themselves - hopefully at some point the away fixtures will be available for sale to Cityzen Members.

Thanks again for your help! If anyone wants to get together before the NYD match let me know as I'll be solo for that match in all likelihood.

- Andrew

Just an update - I got a ticket to the home match v L'pool on NYD. I'm in The Colin Bell Stand Level 2, Section 222, Row E.

I had purchased a matchday membership back on June 25 for myself which was sufficient to get me into the purchase window for the City v Pool match. I couldn't get a ticket for the Mrs. and kids since I hadn't purchased matchday memberships for them back on June 25 (in hindsight, I wish I had done so). The Mrs. is cool though and she knows how important this is to me so she isn't bothered too much. She and the kids would be thrilled if they could go but will try to get any seats possible during the general admission window. They realize its a long-shot.

I'm definitely worried that tix to the away matches to LCFC and S'hampton are going to be difficult. I live just east of the San Fran Bay area in California. There's a supporters club in the city (San Fran) that I could check with (as you suggested). I've noticed that LCFC won't be selling the 26/12 fixture against City until November and S'hampton don't have any PL fixtures for sale yet. But shouldn't I be trying to purchase away tix thru City's website? Where do you buy your away tix?

By the way, my wife & kids have since purchased matchday memberships for themselves - hopefully at some point the away fixtures will be available for sale to Cityzen Members.

Thanks again for your help! If anyone wants to get together before the NYD match let me know as I'll be solo for that match in all likelihood.

- Andrew

Feel free to come over to Maggie McGarry's on Grant Street for matches during the season in the city. I don't go the weekends, but my office is a few blocks down the street (in the Pyramid) and during midweek games I can often get away (I work stock market hours so I've already put a shift in before kick-off).

Usually a decent crowd for the weekend matches though we share the bar with (shudder) the local Gooner support. MM's televises all City matches.

That goes for you tourists who come to my fair city as well.

- Andrew

You buy away tickets through city's website. They usually go on sale around 4 weeks before the game however unless you're a season ticket holder with a minimum of 14k points you don't really stand much of a chance, unless the game is moved to an obscure time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.