Travelling to Zagreb..

Dodge

There's a thread for Milan, so let's have an early one for Zagreb.

A few of us flying to Ljubljana in Slovenia for £60 return from Stansted.

Cheap digs and train into Zagreb for the match. Cant seem to find any trains yet but there must be one somewhere!

Looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
Thers a thread for Milan, so let's have an early one for Zagreb.

Cheap digs and train into Zagreb for the match. Cant seem to find any trains yet but there must be one somewhere!

I'm flying to Zagreb, but had considered going via Ljubljana.

I was told there are "several" trains each day between the two but you can't book in advance. Just turn up on the day and buy a ticket - it's never sold out. I stand corrected if someone can disprove that.

If you're keen to just have something booked before turning up, you could go by bus with flixbus instead. They're normally good value and reliable, but I just prefer to travel by train where possible.

Remember there's no roof on the stadium, and it's middle of December. It's going to be cold. as. fuck.

Atalanta fans were charged €21, so hopefully we'll be charged no more than €30. They ultimately received 3k tickets, and I've already stated I think we'll take between 750-1250 fans so if you want a ticket you'll get one in my opinion.

I was told there are "several" trains each day between the two but you can't book in advance. Just turn up on the day and buy a ticket - it's never sold out. I stand corrected if someone can disprove that.

If you're keen to just have something booked before turning up, you could go by bus with flixbus instead. They're normally good value and reliable, but I just prefer to travel by train where possible.

Remember there's no roof on the stadium, and it's middle of December. It's going to be cold. as. fuck.

Atalanta fans were charged €21, so hopefully we'll be charged no more than €30. They ultimately received 3k tickets, and I've already stated I think we'll take between 750-1250 fans so if you want a ticket you'll get one in my opinion.

I’ve done that train journey when on a holiday. Booked tickets in advance online with German Railways. Straight forward enough if I remember rightly.

Bahn.com

Last edited:
09:05
MAN
15:50
ZAG

5h 45m British Airways

12:20
ZAG
19:10
MAN
8h 30m British Airways
1 Stop Heathrow Out and Ret.
£226

This link wont work, they never do for me but …
Apartment Casa Figa 39, Zagreb, Croatia - Booking.com
https://www.booking.com/hotel/hr/casa-figa-39.html

Blimey I think it has, it is cheap but looks clean, in the old quarter so should be decent drinking places etc and they offer to book taxis to and from the airport !!
I’m looking at one bout 9 min walk from you it’s a best western hotel we are going mon/thurs

There's a thread for Milan, so let's have an early one for Zagreb.

There's four of us flying Stansted to Ljubjana, Tuesday/Friday.

Train to Zagreb on the Tuesday and back to Ljubjana on Thursday so we get to see there as well, two cities in one, bonus.

Staying at Angel Main Square Zagreb and 39 Gallusovo nabrežje
1000 Ljubljana.
There is a guy who's on here who lives in Ljubjana who we are meeting for a pint over there, obviously the more the merrier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.