Trevor Christie

Was it now, we released or sold for cheap other players around that time that went onto to have a good career and better than us at the time.

Barrett was 35k wasn't it?

Christ who were the others I'm thinking of? Dementia is a realistic possibility in my future, so frustrating tbh.

Arguably Paul Power ?

Anyway, good read that, although it took me reading most of it before I realised it was Trevor Christie and not Trevor Morley.

Cheers again C_B.

I remember Keith Curle saying that we had just signed the best winger in the world when Holden joined.

He was still talking shite like this when he came to manage Carlisle Utd a couple of years ago, all of them shit as well, so his player judgement hadn't improved in the slightest in all those years lol

Remember the club/M.E.N referring to the Quinn/Holden "dream ticket" at the time. We replaced a young winger with one about 8 yeara older for twice the cost, typical City of the 90s....

They were not alone as he was being described ad "the best crosser the league" which he may have been but was just too slow to get in positions to show it, and was unsuitable for the direct football and quick attacks we were used to.

The original poster's article makes reference to the pre-season tour to both Switzerland and Spain(1986)
Taking in matches against household European names such as
La Chaux-De Fonds (1-0) Mcarthy
Arrau (1-1) ( Beckford
Solothurn (5-0) Beckford 2,Baker,Kinsey,Mcnab .. and
Sion (0-1)

As well as more well known Spanish teams Real Betis(0-0)
Malaga (3-0) Baker,Simpson,Wilson
Valencia (0-2)Barcelona (1-1) Wilson (City win 4-3 on pens) and
Huelva (2-2) Davies 2 (lost 4-2 on pens)

We must be one of the few teams who have beaten at least Barca 5 times ;)

Did anyone attend any of these games.? .at a time when pre season seemed a lot less simple to arrange

Above match detail taken from the ,now iconic, City v Wimbledon match programme with GD on the front cover.

John Beresford another. Gerry Taggart a few years later, the Hinchcliffe and then Michael Hughes. We would have had a brilliant team if we had kept most of the quality youth players that came through 85-90. Sure there are some others I’ve missed too.
Darren Beckford and (can't recall his first name) Milligan who went to Oldham / Everton.
John Sheridan a little before that too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.