Trevor Christie

Remember the club/M.E.N referring to the Quinn/Holden "dream ticket" at the time. We replaced a young winger with one about 8 yeara older for twice the cost, typical City of the 90s....
I liked Ricky Holden.Good old school winger.relied on ball control,and a brilliant left foot...that foot created many many goals for the old school type centre-forward...as Football was played in the holden days,lol
Holdens main skill was the ability to scoop a long raking cross ..from the bye line.to the far post.if the team he was playing for had a forward who was decent in the air,it was a really dangerous weapon to have on the pitch.many people laugh because he wasnt very fast ,amd looked a bit haggered.not a pretty boy footballer....but the ball still stuck to that left foot of his...think john Robertson at Forest....

Nobody,including me,was laughing on the kippax when Holden slung over a high raking cross from the left wing ,which was excellently headed into the net by Roger Palmer at the far post ,in front of Platt Lane..,playing for oldham,against his former team..his 3rd goal that day his hat trick.proper centre forwards goal.....it was a bit flat on the terrace that day.Oldham beat us 4-1 at Maine rd on a bank holiday i think, and who ever was in charge of them that day,did a proper job on us.Machins young talented kids,out played and out- thought in a local derby....
His time at City could have been better,but there are still plenty of examples of the Holden/Quinn "dream ticket"..basically..if holden could sling a high cross in from the left,Quinn would head it in.it was that simple. I,m not having it that he was a bad player.looks can be decieving.his assists record must be pretty damn good.Always got time for a player who doesn't just rely on speed..excellent ball control and an ability to get a cross in from a tight angle.i think Niall Quinn would say he enjoyed playing with Ricky Holden.

I liked Ricky Holden.Good old school winger.relied on ball control,and a brilliant left foot...that foot created many many goals for the old school type centre-forward...as Football was played in the holden days,lol
Holdens main skill was the ability to scoop a long raking cross ..from the bye line.to the far post.if the team he was playing for had a forward who was decent in the air,it was a really dangerous weapon to have on the pitch.many people laugh because he wasnt very fast ,amd looked a bit haggered.not a pretty boy footballer....but the ball still stuck to that left foot of his...think john Robertson at Forest....

Nobody,including me,was laughing on the kippax when Holden slung over a high raking cross from the left wing ,which was excellently headed into the net by Roger Palmer at the far post ,in front of Platt Lane..,playing for oldham,against his former team..his 3rd goal that day his hat trick.proper centre forwards goal.....it was a bit flat on the terrace that day.Oldham beat us 4-1 at Maine rd on a bank holiday i think, and who ever was in charge of them that day,did a proper job on us.Machins young talented kids,out played and out- thought in a local derby....
His time at City could have been better,but there are still plenty of examples of the Holden/Quinn "dream ticket"..basically..if holden could sling a high cross in from the left,Quinn would head it in.it was that simple. I,m not having it that he was a bad player.looks can be decieving.his assists record must be pretty damn good.Always got time for a player who doesn't just rely on speed..excellent ball control and an ability to get a cross in from a tight angle.i think Niall Quinn would say he enjoyed playing with Ricky Holden.
Was that first or second game of the season? Earliest I'd ever seen the Swales out banners come out at the North Stand - halcyon days!!

Was that first or second game of the season? Earliest I'd ever seen the Swales out banners come out at the North Stand - halcyon days!!
Ha..id forgotten that game was in the midst of the revolt.i do remember it being a nasty hateful atmosphere afterwards.losing to Oldham 4-1 at home...think it twas august bank holiday,
Still..it all ended well at Bradford in May.; )

We must be one of the few teams who have beaten at least Barca 5 times ;)

Not sure exactly what it is, and I know we've not played them a huge number of times, but from memory, we seem to have a very good 'head to head' with Barca ?

I was going to post I thought he was absolutely useless but felt a bit guilty as he came across as a nice bloke in the interview. In that era him and Tony Cunningham were bloody terrible for us.

I swear, that saying "he can trap a ball further than I can kick it", was first uttered watching Tony Cunningham play, which was a shame really because for all that the lad had a big heart and always gave his all, made Lukaku look like he had the deft touch of David Silva though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.