Tribute to Arthur - Watford 4/12/21

BigJoe#1

I cannot lay any claim to this whatsoever but I can support and promote it. Apologies if it has already been posted as it originated on Red but Never Reads Facebook page. I'm absolutely certain this will be 100% supported by all City fans but mods, if it is a duplicate you know what to do.

COME ON CITY, lets do it for Arthur!!

Not City related, but some things transcend football and see rival tribal allegiances pale into insignificance.
The whole nation has been appalled, outraged, heartbroken and tearful about the horrendous death of 6-year old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, the tragic toddler killed by evil Emma Tustin and Arthur’s father, Thomas Hughes.
Harrowing footage showing Arthur crying out, ‘Nobody loves me, nobody loves me’, just hours before Tustin murdered the defenceless little lad, is sad beyond belief.
As football fans up and down the country prepare to applaud in the 6th minute of every game, in Arthur’s memory this weekend, can we go one step further and sing a football anthem?
It won’t bring the tortured toddler back but surely a chorus of, ‘We love you Arthur we do, we love you Arthur we do, we love you Arthur we do, oh Arthur we love you’, wouldn’t go amiss?
It’s the idea of fellow Blue, Taf Edwards, and one I heartily endorse. Can City’s travelling support do the honours at Vicarage Road tomorrow evening?

Last edited:
Mods/Ric, If you're happy for this to stay, maybe you could pin it?

Update - I see it is mentioned in the Watford pre-match thread but I really think this warrants its own thread.

I cannot lay any claim to this whatsoever but I can support and promote it. Apologies if it has already been posted as it originated on Read but Never Reads Facebook page. I'm absolutely certain this will be 100% supported by all City fans but mods, if it is a duplicate you know what to do.

COME ON CITY, lets do it for Arthur!!

Not City related, but some things transcend football and see rival tribal allegiances pale into insignificance.
The whole nation has been appalled, outraged, heartbroken and tearful about the horrendous death of 6-year old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, the tragic toddler killed by evil Emma Tustin and Arthur’s father, Thomas Hughes.
Harrowing footage showing Arthur crying out, ‘Nobody loves me, nobody loves me’, just hours before Tustin murdered the defenceless little lad, is sad beyond belief.
As football fans up and down the country prepare to applaud in the 6th minute of every game, in Arthur’s memory this weekend, can we go one step further and sing a football anthem?
It won’t bring the tortured toddler back but surely a chorus of, ‘We love you Arthur we do, we love you Arthur we do, we love you Arthur we do, oh Arthur we love you’, wouldn’t go amiss?
It’s the idea of fellow Blue, Taf Edwards, and one I heartily endorse. Can City’s travelling support do the honours at Vicarage Road tomorrow evening?
This has to happen.

I’ll be watching at home and will have my own minutes silence for poor Arthur.

One of the butty bars I go to now and again Mr’s T’s at Hazel Grove in asking for toy donations, not sure if it’s under privileged or ill kids but I’m going dig deep and donate a boys and girls toy or toys in memory of Arthur, RIP little fella, you story has broken millions of hearts.

Not many events effect me when you hear of tragic stories on the news, but when this story broke last night on BBC and they played the harrowing recording of this beautiful little boy crying out “nobody loves me” and begging for food, I was a mess. These two murderous bastards need to rot in prison, and let’s hope that little Arthur, wherever he is now, is watching down tomorrow as hundreds of thousands of football fans sing out his name. It won’t bring him back, but it will show he was loved, if not by his own immediate family who abused him, but from the wider footballing family. I’m genuinely upset writing this as I type, that poor little boy just needed a cuddle and some food, something we all take for granted every day.

RIP little one, you are no longer suffering and you will be remembered.
Sleep tight xx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.