Tribute to Bert Trautmann

Cookieproof

Formerly Northenden, Manchester, now Asuncion, Par
Bert Trautmann Documentary "Hello Fritz, Fancy A Cup of Tea?"

With Bert Trautmann's birthday coming up on October 22nd I thought I would add my documentary as a tribute to a true Manchester City legend. He was an incredible goalkeeper but more importantly a very brave and wonderful human being. It was intended to be played by either Granada or the BBC before one of the England games in the World Cup 2006, unfortunately this never materialised. It was also intended to be played live in St. Ann's Square but fighting broke out and it was never screened. Some people might recognise the film as it was screened at the Manchester City museum, thanks to the help and support and Gary James.

Having read Alan Rowland's wonderful book I worked with him closely whilst filming this documentary and it was through his efforts that he managed to persuade Bert to be in our documentary. Alan told me that Bert had previously been disillusioned by various film-makers who had promised much but delivered very little. This was a video I worked on as Producer for my Post Graduate Diploma in TV Features & Documentary Production at Salford University (September 2004 - July 2005). The video was completed in a 6 week period from May to July 2005. I hope you enjoy it as much as it was a pleasure for me to make.

It is also a tribute from me to Ken Barnes, Roy Little and Neil Young who sadly passed away since this film was made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.