Tribute to the Kippax

It kicked off loads mate. (late 70's, early 80's)

Pez and his little mob of flick head perry boys was a crew that did it a lot..backs to the wall scrapping well outnumbered
Perry boys lol. I think we're both showing our age mate;)

I remember watching a punk gig at the Polytechnic around '81(iirc). UK Subs played a Saturday matinee gig and I was queueing up. All of a sudden about 40 City Perry boys came around the corner, and when they saw us they charged us. Was quite a battle but I was trying to be a peacekeeper as the spiky blue haired pacifist punk I was, as well as a being City.

Last edited:
Best atmosphere i experienced o the Kippax. That night it was bouncing
Wot a night that was.there was a small railing at the very back of the kippax wall.stood on in for a better view and popped my cherry red doc martins.school in the morning but the old man got me in the paddock pub on cross lane in salford for a coke.remember it like yesterday

Wot a night that was.there was a small railing at the very back of the kippax wall.stood on in for a better view and popped my cherry red doc martins.school in the morning but the old man got me in the paddock pub on cross lane in salford for a coke.remember it like yesterday
And did you repair your popped Docs with a hot knife from the kitchen gas hob? ; )

https://www.tifofootball.com/features/iconic-ends-when-we-were-kings-of-the-kippax/

Was asked to write about the Kippax for Tifo and missed two deadlines because its not often I get to write about something from the heart. Anyway, I hope its okay to leave this here and hope you all like it.
Wonderful memories LT and most I can remember.Those glorious late 1960`s night games,especially the European ones, when the Kippax rocked and the volume of noise from the all singing choir,became etched in my grey matter forever.
How to make an old fart happy.
Well done as usual Toma.

A very good read. Middlesbrough League Cup semi was amazing for atmosphere on the Kippax. Lots of special memories on my home from home.

I was in the Merchant Navy at the time and sods law decreed that I was in Salford docks for the 1st leg (away) and up at Teesport (Middlesborgh) for the 2nd leg (home), always been lucky like that.

The Derby Rnd was bedlam in there as segregation was a piece of rope , great charging at each other but ignoring Rag mates as we went at them , as they did us .Good laugh about it back in the Bowling Green pub in Denton later that night

Didn’t she have a brother who wore same denim jacket? Badges all over?

Kippax Deb was well game

I remember in 1978 going to Maine Road to buy a ticket for a City game and Leeds were playing West From at our place in a league cup 2nd replay so it had to be a neutral venue. For reasons that escape me to this day I decided to go in and watch the game. The attendance was only 8,164 ( I know I just looked it up lol.) on a cold October evening and I was one of the poor souls there.

As expected there were a few Blues out for a run in with Leeds in the ground, a few of whom I knew so things were a little entertaining if not the game.

After the game I crossed the road opposite the ground to walk to Princess road bus depot to get a bus home......just as a mob of around 50-100 came around the corner. It was a relief to realise they were Blues led by Debbie and her boyfriend. She was bollocking the mob for running all night and just then a group of big Yorkshire meatheads walked towards the mob. Realising it was coming on top I give them their due they grinned and rolled their sleeves up. Debbie led the charge and they got absolutely wasted.

Game girl for sure!

Yep, too pissed to notice.

What about the section in front of the away pen, when did that get blocked off, can you remember?
No mate sorry...I do remember late 70's Spurs coming in late (about twenty past 3 I think) as their special train was late but plod had already allowed us in their bit thinking they werent coming. I couldnt believe no Spurs would come.

Next minute hundreds of Spurs skinheads and proper lads turned up. Carnage ensued and steel barriers put up rapid. We were all in that bottom section. It was mayhem all game. Think we won 5 - 0

Outside was just as bad especially in them side streets just off the kippax car park. Loads of reasons to hate Spurs

Not many folk know that she used to be a rag.
She would turn up at the cliff everyday and stalk Bryan Robson amonget others.
Eventually they took a restraining order against her so she turned blue.
If you're ever in her company , drop the name Andy Dibble into the conversation.
She'll shout out "I've shagged him !! ".
ive got a feeling we may be talking different debs here. sorry if im mistaken

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.