Trouble With Socrates

Gelsons Dad

Or rather, the trouble with ascribing anything to Socrates is that he never wrote anything down. All that we have of his teachings were either contemporary accounts, or recordings of his students, mostly Plato.

and we definitely know what Plato thought about democracy. So while Socrates is thought to have been critical of democracy, we can’t really know how much of that was colored by Plato’s feelings on the subject.

Gelsons Dad said:
Or rather, the trouble with ascribing anything to Socrates is that he never wrote anything down. All that we have of his teachings were either contemporary accounts, or recordings of his students, mostly Plato.

and we definitely know what Plato thought about democracy. So while Socrates is thought to have been critical of democracy, we can’t really know how much of that was colored by Plato’s feelings on the subject.

I bet Glen does a parody of a parody in the gen football forum

Quality match. Socrates was outstanding in it and what a fucking diving header from the lad.

Marx claiming it was off side! My arse. Superb finish from Chopper Socrates.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2TicMbH4OY[/youtube]

Gelsons Dad said:

Xenophon logic is certainly not his- he argues as much in his writings which leads to the conclusion that apprentices know fek all - plato's a fraud too!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.