True Legends

Rodney

lots of talk about saying farewell to some "true legends" at the moment. Surely, "true legend" status has to be limited and can't be thrown around willy nelly.

So who are your top 5 true legends?

Here's mine, in no particular order:

Bell
Book
Kompany
Silva
Aguero

1 Zab
2 Zabs
3 Pablo
4 Pab Zab
5 Pablo Zabaleta

I added some extra in as you seemed to forget about him, he is the man after all.

1 Zab
2 Zabs
3 Pablo
4 Pab Zab
5 Pablo Zabaleta

I added some extra in as you seemed to forget about him, he is the man after all.

No, not forgotten about him, a great player for us, but not in my top 5.

Crossan, Bell, Doyle, Lee Summerbee, Kinkladze Goater, Dickov, Morrison, Kompany, Zaba, Toure, Silva, Agureo, ,Tevez,

Richards was the main man in 2010/11 and 2011/12.

Dickov should have stayed in Spain.

Always one to be awkward, how do we define a legend???
Only someone you've seen in the flesh?? Or someone you KNOW contributed hugely to the club?? We do have a Hall of Fame .
From our current crop I'd pick 4:
1) Merlin
2) Mr Vincent Kompany
3) Pablo Zabaleta
4) (and this won't sit well with some) Yaya Toure

1) because he is possibly the best player I've seen in City colours (Ali B does give him a run for his money IMHO)
2) what can you say about our captain and leader
3) I suspect he's had offers to go elsewhere - what a truly fantastic servant to our club. I want us to find a way for him to finish his career here (I suspect personal pride may prohibit it ☹)
4) the man dragged us kicking and screaming across several hurdles. Yes his agent is a complete %&*> - but that's not his fault

So that's my personal view on our current squad

To not have Yaya in there is laughable! I can only comment on those I have seen live so
Tueart
Aguero
Yaya
Silva
Kompany/Watson

To not have Yaya in there is laughable! I can only comment on those I have seen live so
Tueart
Aguero
Yaya
Silva
Kompany/Watson

Thank god someone's mentioned Yaya!!! Ok he's had his 'moments' .. mainly down to his bellend agent... but there can't have been another player in our whole history who has so many big game moments

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.