Tunisia advice

If you go to London, are you worried about being stabbed to death in the street?
If you go to a gig, are you concerned you might be blown up on exiting the venue?

If that's your mentality then I'd just stick to Spain or Greece, or maybe just stay at home.

I don’t worry about being stabbed in London.

If I’m in a place with a lot of people it does often cross my mind about terrorist threats. It’s pretty hard not to in some places like the Xmas markets, with the anti-ram barriers and the tooled up coppers. In this day and age we are, consciously or unconsciously, carrying out dynamic risk assessments as we go about our daily lives.

None of this answers my question though. Why choose Tunisia over another place? Apart from being the least safe place you can take a package holiday, what else has it got that other countries don’t?

Is Zeus a nightclub in Liverpool?

I would rather be in the shittiest niteclub in Everton than visit Sousse again.

We were in the market when the vile sod spat in my mates face. I turned his table over on his stall, all hell let loose,
On another occasion we were walking in some religious quarter and suddenly started to get stones flying from all directions, not sure our offence that time.
We also went to Sousse v some other town local derby, a big mistake, we got in the ground ok, then police led us to a cordoned off area and kept guard over us the whole match, well to about 60 minutes when we got out of there.
The other incident was in a niteclub in another hotel and that was where the King of Zeus incident occurred, another spitting, maybe we didn't realise it was some form of friendly welcoming gesture.

Egypt and Sudan, I have travelled to, and had great experiences.i stayed with Bedouins in the Negev desert, great people, but I didn't seem to gel with those Tunisians.

Oh, and they all know you from the hotel where they work, that old chestnut, rant over.

I would rather be in the shittiest niteclub in Everton than visit Sousse again.

We were in the market when the vile sod spat in my mates face. I turned his table over on his stall, all hell let loose,
On another occasion we were walking in some religious quarter and suddenly started to get stones flying from all directions, not sure our offence that time.
We also went to Sousse v some other town local derby, a big mistake, we got in the ground ok, then police led us to a cordoned off area and kept guard over us the whole match, well to about 60 minutes when we got out of there.
The other incident was in a niteclub in another hotel and that was where the King of Zeus incident occurred, another spitting, maybe we didn't realise it was some form of friendly welcoming gesture.

Egypt and Sudan, I have travelled to, and had great experiences.i stayed with Bedouins in the Negev desert, great people, but I didn't seem to gel with those Tunisians.

Oh, and they all know you from the hotel where they work, that old chestnut, rant over.
Wowser, that’s seriously shit. Only been once and that was on a Cruise, we were going to get off the ship and get a taxi to the Bardo Museum. We were having a brew on the top deck in the port, I could see locals with camels pestering tourist for rides next to the ship. I thought bollocks to this so we stayed on board. A few months later there was a terrorist attack on tourist at the Bardo, 22 died and 50 injured. The Sousse attacks happened after that. It’s a personal thing but I wouldn’t want to visit that part of the world in the current climate.

I don’t worry about being stabbed in London.

If I’m in a place with a lot of people it does often cross my mind about terrorist threats. It’s pretty hard not to in some places like the Xmas markets, with the anti-ram barriers and the tooled up coppers. In this day and age we are, consciously or unconsciously, carrying out dynamic risk assessments as we go about our daily lives.

None of this answers my question though. Why choose Tunisia over another place? Apart from being the least safe place you can take a package holiday, what else has it got that other countries don’t?

I'm not entirely sure on what sort of answer you're looking for as it's very clear you have no interest in Tunisia and would rather stick to bread and butter resorts in Europe (which is fine, each to their own)

Tunisia, generally speaking, offers better value for money, more consistent weather in the shoulder seasons, doesn't tend to close down for winter, has a load of trips you can do undertake/historical sites to visit if that way inclined. Ultimately it's a holiday destination facing the Med so it's not gonna differ a great big deal from it's European counterparts.

Ironically, after what happened a few years ago, it is possibly one of the more safer options due to their increased security measures (which needed increasing, by all accounts)
As I mentioned, I've very recently returned and really enjoyed it. Didn't feel unsafe or under threat at any point. So if safety is the primary concern/reason for not going then maybe you should re-consider.

If you're someone who just doesn't fancy Tunisia as a destination then no amount of forum chat will change that viewpoint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.