Turkey v Wales | Euro 2020 Group Stage

I think Wales are a good side but they really play up to the underdog tag mentality and it lifts them even further. They had a front four last night with a player who has scored in the CL final and won four of them with Real Madrid, a player that's at Juventus and a player at United (not great but still). They've got some young players who are coming through, including Williams at Liverpool. It's not a surprise to see them beat Turkey.

But it suits them playing up to the underdog tag, even if realistically they have every chance of getting out of that group. I don't see the Swiss or Turkish squads as having better players.

Scotland aren't a patch on Wales. They've got some premiership level players, but Gilmour who has very little experience came in for the friendly before the tournament and instantly looked the best player on the park. Robertson and Tierney are very good but if they keep playing Dykes they wont win many games. The lack of goals is their issue.

But Wales having someone like Bale, and Ramsay as well will create enough chances to win games and then they can defend as a pack.

If England can work for each other to the level I've seen Wales and Italy do then they've got a fabulous chance in this tournament with the quality they have.

I think Wales are a good side but they really play up to the underdog tag mentality and it lifts them even further. They had a front four last night with a player who has scored in the CL final and won four of them with Real Madrid, a player that's at Juventus and a player at United (not great but still). They've got some young players who are coming through, including Williams at Liverpool. It's not a surprise to see them beat Turkey.

But it suits them playing up to the underdog tag, even if realistically they have every chance of getting out of that group. I don't see the Swiss or Turkish squads as having better players.

Scotland aren't a patch on Wales. They've got some premiership level players, but Gilmour who has very little experience came in for the friendly before the tournament and instantly looked the best player on the park. Robertson and Tierney are very good but if they keep playing Dykes they wont win many games. The lack of goals is their issue.

But Wales having someone like Bale, and Ramsay as well will create enough chances to win games and then they can defend as a pack.

If England can work for each other to the level I've seen Wales and Italy do then they've got a fabulous chance in this tournament with the quality they have.
I agree. At this stage of the tournament, having seen both, Scotland has to be easier opposition than Wales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.