Turn the music and the mic off at the start and end of the..

jrb

the game.

Let the fans sing and lift the players before and after they walk on to the pitch and let the players hear us singing blue moon at the end of the match if we beat Hamburg. There's nothing more emotional than hearing fans singing their songs.

Come on City, ditch the tannoys and the mic man for this one.

I agree with you. i love hearing the crowd in full voice, reminds me of the Maine Road days. Where I sit its so fuckin loud aswell, I cant even have a conversation with the person who sits next to me without shouting.

I agree, it would be good game to try it, all us fans singing before they come on to the pitch would be a great lift for them. Someone should ask the club?

jrb said:
the game.

Let the fans sing and lift the players before and after they walk on to the pitch and let the players hear us singing blue moon at the end of the match if we beat Hamburg. There's nothing more emotional than hearing fans singing their songs.

Come on City, ditch the tannoys and the mic man for this one.

Sorry to put a dampener on it but as you put it "if we beat Hamburg" what happens if all goes tits up and we end with a lovely chorus of boos! No I would rather finish with the good old "Boys in Blue!

The mic man can go as I can never understand a word he says anyway !

I agree totally with this idea and also on a slightly different point, when we score, I have noticed that our celebrations seem to be cut short by people immediately turning to watch the footage of the goal on the big screens. Not normally a moaner but I think it would be better to wait a few more seconds before they show it. I think this would encourage more people to join in singing the players name who's just scored. Or maybe i'm just talking bollocks!

I agree 100%. I remember being in the Kippax in the lates 70's and the noise would build up to when the players came on the pitch. Now its difficult to speak to the person next to you its so noisy from the tannoy.

Oh and anyone remember when Uwe came back a couple of years ago and they started played 'Go West' so loud we couldnt even sing his name. Whats all that about?

The only reason the club have to do this is because the fans sit there in silence nowadays and dont even cheer when the names are read out

Burnytheblue said:
I agree totally with this idea and also on a slightly different point, when we score, I have noticed that our celebrations seem to be cut short by people immediately turning to watch the footage of the goal on the big screens. Not normally a moaner but I think it would be better to wait a few more seconds before they show it. I think this would encourage more people to join in singing the players name who's just scored. Or maybe i'm just talking bollocks!

Agree with this and I've said for ages we should turn the music off. I want to see a football game not attend a disco. Back to the days where every player had his name sung before the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.