TV from your childhood

Play School, Jackanory, Captain Pugwash, Swap Shop, TISWAS (yes, with Sally James!), The Clangers, Banana Splits, Magic Roundabout, Ask Aspel, John Craven's Newsround, How?, etc etc. They don't make them like that any more. Trying to remember that series set on an island (B&W, I think) with a belting, almost orchestral, theme. Help me out.

Play School, Jackanory, Captain Pugwash, Swap Shop, TISWAS (yes, with Sally James!), The Clangers, Banana Splits, Magic Roundabout, Ask Aspel, John Craven's Newsround, How?, etc etc. They don't make them like that any more. Trying to remember that series set on an island (B&W, I think) with a belting, almost orchestral, theme. Help me out.
You sound as old as me Jim. I’ll raise you Pogles Wood; Hectors House; Tales Along the Riverbank... was the island one Robinson Crusoe?

You sound as old as me Jim. I’ll raise you Pogles Wood; Hectors House; Tales Along the Riverbank... was the island one Robinson Crusoe?
Nailed it fella. Though I don't remember any of those you listed (born in 1962).

Cheers GD. One of the best TV themes ever, childrens' or adults'.

Nailed it fella. Though I don't remember any of those you listed (born in 1962).

Cheers GD. One of the best TV themes ever, childrens' or adults'.
Same year as me! Obviously I’ve got a better memory for the time being ;) That theme tune is haunting and takes you right back

Battle of the planets, stig of the dump, the boy who lost his laugh, chocky, grange hill were some of my favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.