TV Help

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Just bought what appears to be an all singing all dancing 43 inch JVC from PC world. In the shop the picture was pin sharp, yes I know they display them that way... however the picture at home isn't as pin sharp. I know, certainly in the old days that bigger screens were more grainy but it's a bit soft around the edges.....So my question to the sages on BM is can I get a signal booster to fit between the Sky box and the TV or do I resort to the usual brick and torch scenario.

Have you changed the display mode?

Was it likely running a 4K video in the store but running a lower resolution source at home?
Gone through the picture menu with all the settings and picture modes, Standard, Film, Games, Vivid etc etc but non seem to tighten the picture up. It seems best at the default setting TBH.

Just bought what appears to be an all singing all dancing 43 inch JVC from PC world. In the shop the picture was pin sharp, yes I know they display them that way... however the picture at home isn't as pin sharp. I know, certainly in the old days that bigger screens were more grainy but it's a bit soft around the edges.....So my question to the sages on BM is can I get a signal booster to fit between the Sky box and the TV or do I resort to the usual brick and torch scenario.

Believe me, a 43" JVC TV ain't an "all singing all dancing" TV.

What connection are you using between the Sky box and the TV
How old’s the Sky box?
What quality picture are you getting from the Sky box?
Is the JvC displaying a better picture than you old TV?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.