TV problems! Help please

Kenney_The_Blue

Hello,

Just bought a refurbished TV from Tesco (LG 49inch HD TV)

Got it home, plugged it in and the TV just flickers (see video)

The TV came with no power cable, the power cable is a DC fitting, I had one available from a laptop which I've used, could that be the issue?

It could be a power supply board issue with the pulsing red led like that. You can leave it 24 hours to let all the leccy discharge from the capacitors then try again. It does seem to be power related though after a quick look around.

Hello,

The TV came with no power cable, the power cable is a DC fitting, I had one available from a laptop which I've used, could that be the issue?

Didn't realise you could buy a refurb from Tesco. At least you have peace of mind in that Tesco will just give you your money back no problem. Pain when you've set it all up though.

Hello,

Seen a few people on TV who have had this same problem, it gets worse after the flicking, after 24 hours you end up dead.

Anyway good night.

f317e509e2eecf3b9252e102dfd9cd4a.jpg

Hello,

Didn't think it was legal to sell an electrical product without the correct power supply.

Hello,

you used the wrong transformer? or is it plugged directly into the mains?

Tesco have sold you a refurbished TV with no electrical lead?

I was a manager at Tesco for 2 years and in my opinion, unless they have changed rules im gobsmacked as it isnt legal as far as I'm concerned.

Christ im glad i left that shithole of a company lol.

Take it back mate and buy a tv with a real guarantee and everything you need in the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.