TV Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul Lake's Left Knee, 28 May 2013.

1. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

I think the ending went over my head

2. decmancity

decmancity

I really like Ozarks, new season out on Friday if you can get through the first two before then!

somapop likes this.
  3. GX Blue

GX Blue

Right, I’m gonna give The Leftovers a go.

I know it’s 3 seasons long but is it written to an end or was it cancelled?

I’ve heard it’s a bit strange. I just can’t seem to get into anything at the minute. I give things one or 2 episodes and just can’t be arsed carrying on.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

They're gonna string this out for a few more seasons aren't they? Finding it a bit tedious now.

5. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

I think most of the whole show has gone over the head of most. I use it as the BCS test now to gauge character; people who love it or people who think that it is boring or too slow or 'not Breaking Bad enough'

6. willipp

willipp

I was reading a recap of the story so far and it really feels another one of those shows where they have turned it into something they have no idea where they are heading with it. Why can't these shows just stick to what made them so good and the storyline that made them so watchable and let them run their course. I think you are right, another 2 or 3 seasons of something and then it will be cancelled.

TheRemainsOfTheDave likes this.
  7. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

I really enjoy it, I just couldn’t figure out her reasoning for what she did at the end. I suppose it was a very definite crossroads for Kim and she has decided to go one way - and it will probably end up being a very bad decision!

8. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

Whoa there Lesley! Havent seen it yet, though the title of the episode gives away likely general content

9. Uffa

Uffa

Team supported:
    Juventus
    I didn't like the second season that much apart from some isolated scenes, so I understand it can be very tedious. It felt very overthought and took itself too seriously.
    I'm watching this 3rd one for pure entertainment, without expecting the nice mind stimuli the first season provided. The variety of scenarios might do the trick of keeping me entertained, we'll see how it goes. I've begun watching the second episode 2 minutes ago by the way,
    hearing Maeve speak Italian is hilarious.
    I too hope they don't make this series too long as it usually means a decline in quality, especially for series that aren't following a pre-existing story source (book or something like that).

TheRemainsOfTheDave likes this.
  10. There was a lot to enjoy in that episode, but one of the highlights for me was the glimpse into Kim's backstory.

I couldn't help but notice the Nebraska number plate on her Mum's car. It's maybe a coincidence, but that is also the State where "Gene" is hiding out, maybe hinting that Kim is still somehow in Jimmy's life?

Can't wait for the next episode...