TV Series

Well, yes, this is a very thin plate to offer anything on!

All I can think of is the original Brit version of 'House of Cards' (before it got bastardised by the Yanks), the very fantastic sombre comedy 'The Thick of It' and 'A Very British Coup' which was an interesting watch when one thinks about today.

The only simple comedy that kind of fits in with what you might want is 'The Thin Blue Line', which I'm sure you'd have watched.

Honestly, over the last 20 years, the state of British TV has fallen alarmingly.

I don't watch today's Brit TV anymore.
Thanks, seen House of Cards, The Thick of it and A Very British Coup although the latter was many years ago I’ve never seen it repeated anywhere.

The Thin Blue Line isn’t my kind of comedy, I’m more League of Gentlemen, Early Doors, Phoenix Nights, Python, Fawlty Towers, Men Behaving Badly, Fools and Horses, Black Adder (love history) and the Comic Strip Presents.

I’ll try and get over my anti Americanism bias and watch a couple of recommendations, yuu never know, cheers.

Thanks, seen House of Cards, The Thick of it and A Very British Coup although the latter was many years ago I’ve never seen it repeated anywhere.

The Thin Blue Line isn’t my kind of comedy, I’m more League of Gentlemen, Early Doors, Phoenix Nights, Python, Fawlty Towers, Men Behaving Badly, Fools and Horses, Black Adder (love history) and the Comic Strip Presents.

I’ll try and get over my anti Americanism bias and watch a couple of recommendations, yuu never know, cheers.

Good stuff. It really is best to expand.

There's some great TV stuff from around the world and I recommend Nordic stuff, Korean and Japanese in particular.

As for American crime, there's loads including 'Dexter', 'Boardwalk Empire', the variations of softer cop/ investigator drama in 'Alex Cross' and new comedy 'Elsbeth' (a really light 'Columbo').

Happy hunting!

I like crime and drama including political drama, I don’t like anything weird, horror, sci fi, American comedies and most American dramas tbh.

Couple of my favourites in the last few years were Spooks and Hustle, like UK dark humour and good quality UK comedies but not anything middle class.

I’m a bit difficult to cater for really.
American and comedy in the same sentence is an achievement.....would rather watch 'reality', or a rust nail going in my eye! It's just not funny.

Spy/Master [Romania] :: HBO originally, can be seen over on BBC4/iPlayer], excellent first two episodes! Stopped it because I stumbled upon Dopesick [2011, USA], I watched the first episode and decided to finished it first, tremendous TV, based on opioids problems in the USA started with Sackler family and their big pharma company, scary shit. Michael Keaton acted like he was really descending into that oxi-crap with a lot of great TV dramatization and acting.

Spy/Master [Romania] :: HBO originally, can be seen over on BBC4/iPlayer], excellent first two episodes! Stopped it because I stumbled upon Dopesick [2011, USA], I watched the first episode and decided to finished it first, tremendous TV, based on opioids problems in the USA started with Sackler family and their big pharma company, scary shit. Michael Keaton acted like he was really descending into that oxi-crap with a lot of great TV dramatization and acting.
Small typo as it was 2021, but yes @hammocity, 'Dopesick' really is tremendous drama TV.

Really worth the investment to watch and based on true events.

If you haven't seen it yet, you will be agog with amazement at what goes on.

Small typo as it was 2021, but yes @hammocity, 'Dopesick' really is tremendous drama TV.

Really worth the investment to watch and based on true events.

If you haven't seen it yet, you will be agog with amazement at what goes on.

Yep it's brilliant Tv.

What's really scary is if Germany didn't refuse a license for the drug it would been all over Europe..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.