Two Quid to get into The Manchester

Wilmslow Road

A place I occasionally go in, went today with a mate about half an hour before KO
to be told it was £ 2.00 to get in.
Told reason was it was cheap beer, i.e. cheap shite.
I understand that MF has nothing to do with the place anymore.
Each to their own but IMO opinion, to pay to have the honour to go
into a shit hole is a joke.
People taking the piss.
(Dont mention the bucket at the Parkside, that was different)

malg said:
Ian said:
People should boycott it. Cheeky cnuts!
That's the answer, just don't go in and they'll soon change that policy.

Exactly, just leting people know in case they arrange a meet.
Townley, The Vic, Mary D's ( eventhough I would never enter the latter) no door charge.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 pm --<br /><br />
DannyBoy2890 said:
Why would you want to go in anyway? It's a shit hole.

Was with a mate and was looking for some old mates of ours who we thought might be there.
Dont get me wrong if you need a piss and you can drink a bottle it has it's uses.
But going in at 1430 hrs our bottle of larger would have cost £4.50.
Dearer than The Lowery.

Well that can only harm trade ..... but the temptation to try to make a few 'extra bob' is never far away , and especially on a matchday!

I always thought that it was illegal for a public house to do this? Unless it was a private function. Also if the pub is managed, I wonder if the owners are aware of it.

its perfectly legal for them to charge a fee......although they should class it has a cover fee rather than entry fee.

they have to pay for security as part of their risk assessments and insurances and the security is only needed because its a large attendance/football crowd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.