Two Welsh clubs in Premier League next season?

intheknow! said:
I don't think it's right that Welsh teams should even have the chance. This is the English League and should only have English teams. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. The fact we do not have many English managers or players is a disgrace. For me Germany is the example we should be following. They have a great League, competitive good football. Great Stadiums that are always FULL with excellent atmospheres. They also have lots of German players and there National teams is always up there at Tournaments. I wish we could be a bit more protective of our own. I would never want us to be anti foreigner but we gone too far the other way. It's one thing having world class foreign talent playing in our League but foreign mediocrity that is no better than a lot of English players in the Championship disgusts me.

-- Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:10 pm --

For em I would like QPR, LEEDS and BURNLEY to come up.

QPR are going great and I actually like Warnock, he's a breath of fresh air.

LEEDS are a big club and deserve to be back amongst it. They are playing good football and have some good talent. Compared to Stoke, Blackburn, Birmingham, Wigan, Leeds should be here in the Prem.

BURNLEY are also playing very good pass and move football and could be in the play offs soon as they have a couple of games in hand. Their coach Eddie Howe is a young (33 YEARS OLD) ENGLISH manager and is doing very well. This needs to be encouraged.

you don't think its right welsh teams have a right to play top flight or just in the english structure. so cardiff, swansea would play in the welsh premiership, that would never happen. what about newport county and wrexam? cardiff have won the fa cup for fucks sake, and both cardiff and swansea have played in the top division at different stages. was before my time but weren't they both together in the old division one previously, and didn't the swans come close to winning it in the early eighties. ok it all went seriously down hill after this but having a welsh team in the premiership, let alone two would be a brilliant addition to the season, away days. also both are pretty big clubs with fantastic new stadiums, particularly cardiff who have had consistently large crowds whatever division they have been playing.

QPR
Cardiff
Swansea win the play offs

Want to see Forest, QPR and one of the Sheffield clubs up here. Proper top division sides, not like the Wigans, Stokes, Birminghams and Boltons of today. Throw Leeds in there too, and we have a top top division.

QPR
Swansea
Cardiff/Leicster to come up

Swanse play excellent football. QPR have an excellent defensive record. And Cardiff have been there before, and Leicster have Sven.

Fooking police nightmare every week if those english hating sides come up.

mat said:

This

It's not just the towns and cities where they play either, they've got wise to the heavy police presence that accompanies them and hire mini buses to drink in places up to 20-30 miles away from the game, so there is a chance of it kicikng off somewhere unexpected.

Both Cardiff City and Swansea City have had spells in the Top Flight of English Football, but never at the same time.

Cardiff had eight seasons in the old Division One from 1921-22 to 1928-29 and five seasons from 1952-53 to 1956-57.

Their last participation came for two seasons from 1960-61 to 1961-62.

Cardiff's best finish came in 1923-24 when they were Runners-up for the League Title.

Swansea spent two seasons in Division One from 1981-82 (finishing in 6th place) to 1982-83.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/FootballLeagueAlphabeticallyA-ZByClubs1888-89to2009-10.html

Phleeper said:
mat said:

This

It's not just the towns and cities where they play either, they've got wise to the heavy police presence that accompanies them and hire mini buses to drink in places up to 20-30 miles away from the game, so there is a chance of it kicikng off somewhere unexpected.

are you just suggesting this is the jacks and bluebirds. surely there is a problem like this for all clubs. wouldn;t like to single out a club like you have (but i will for the sake of my argument), what about leeds and milwall who also have chances of promotion.

it would be a sersiously happy day for me to see 6000 cardiff nutters, shouting manchester do the ayatolah, manchester do the ayatolah. and would also love it if swansea came so i could shout jack bastards at them. i would most likely cry in both cases

blue_taff said:
Phleeper said:
This

are you just suggesting this is the jacks and bluebirds. surely there is a problem like this for all clubs. wouldn;t like to single out a club like you have (but i will for the sake of my argument), what about leeds and milwall who also have chances of promotion.

it would be a sersiously happy day for me to see 6000 cardiff nutters, shouting manchester do the ayatolah, manchester do the ayatolah. and would also love it if swansea came so i could shout jack bastards at them. i would most likely cry in both cases

Fair point blue_taff.

But i stand by the anti english chanting that I've heard myself at cardiff/swansea games I've attended at nottm forest over the last couple of years leading to trouble outside the ground after. It's probably only a minority like every other club but it seems to touch a nerve.

The English - Welsh aspect of the crowds isn't the only problem that either of these teams coming up would cause.

Isn't there something related to disciplinary committees and appeal hearings that it would be in the hands of the Welsh FA rather than the English FA which could cause all sorts of problems and accusations of bias

Seem to remember some problem before the FA Cup final against Pompey with a case regarding Darren Purse

And what happens regarding European Qualificiation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.