Txiki Begiristain

Geez, the windows not over yet and if can overload Nasri, Mangala, Bony, AK and Kelechi for good money, then of that £200 million net war chest, the could still be a couple of big signings to come.
Exactly and with AK completed and Kelechi nearly done,Bony hopefully getting his boots on into Wales,that would leave Nasri who we all know will be difficult to shift.No idea as to what will happen to Manga.
However the business for incomes has been remarkable,irrespective of how much more we do.Personally everything else now,is a bonus.

I don't think he's bad at what he does, obviously he's not, but I don't think he's great at it by any stretch either.

We're a soft touch both buying and selling players. Hopefully the clear out, both in expired contracts and cutting our loses will help prevent that in the future.

We've had a great window in terms of buying what we need so far but I don't believe we've had a blinder in how we've done it.

It's worth looking at how other DoF with their massive pots of money are failing to get transfers done.

Liverpool are desperately trying to spend £140m on Van Dijk and Keita, but can't manage it. Chelsea are throwing £60m+ at Sandro. Arsenal offering £40-50m for Lemar with no sign of movement.

Txiki & co. are putting in a huge amount of very successful groundwork with clubs and players to convince them to sell to us, even at these prices. Groundwork which it seems several of our competitors aren't capable of.

I don't think he's bad at what he does, obviously he's not, but I don't think he's great at it by any stretch either.

We're a soft touch both buying and selling players. Hopefully the clear out, both in expired contracts and cutting our loses will help prevent that in the future.

We've had a great window in terms of buying what we need so far but I don't believe we've had a blinder in how we've done it.

What's important is that job is done and that you get your first targets on the board and that they prove success in the future. Real Madrid wasn't fucking around when they were buying Ronaldo or Bale, they paid extravagant amounts for those times, Barcelona made all kind of shady or illegal business to bring Neymar, Rags were paying amounts that are OK for today's market 15 years ago. But they all won things and that's how the big clubs should operate. If you have the money, if you think the player should bring you success you don't do Wenger thing and shop bargains.

Were we in need for quality fullbacks 2-3 years ago? We were. Did we get the players most of us were happy to get? We did. Paying 10-15 millions more for them, specially after Alves exposed us and literally raised the price for our FB targets, is nothing if they bring success. We'll make ten folds of that.

Txiki had targets and budget for them. He delivered. Job done for me.

It's worth looking at how other DoF with their massive pots of money are failing to get transfers done.

Liverpool are desperately trying to spend £140m on Van Dijk and Keita, but can't manage it. Chelsea are throwing £60m+ at Sandro. Arsenal offering £40-50m for Lemar with no sign of movement.

Txiki & co. are putting in a huge amount of very successful groundwork with clubs and players to convince them to sell to us, even at these prices. Groundwork which it seems several of our competitors aren't capable of.
In all fairness we also may have had problems ... but the Pep factor is very transparent in our signings to date.Can`t believe we may still have more in-comings ! What a fantastic start.

Pep helps definitely. Especially with these young players, they all expect they'll improve under him, not sure we'd get all of them without bit of Pep's factor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.