Txiki Begiristain

One of the fastest growing companies out there at the moment, vastly due to the Conor McGregor effect I realise.

I feel that our owners and Chairman look for the staff who look the part and are less of a bombshell in the media. I believe that Cook would've been sacked regardless of the Nedum Onuoha affair, he didn't tick the right boxes for the owners. Same went for Mancini, and look at the boring half wit they replaced him with, just because he was media friendly.
pellegrini media friendly ,snigger, even I don't watch pellers pre match prezzer :)

Oh give me a break.

Alan Ball would have won at least 1 PL title with this squad and over 300m to spend on it

League Cups are barely worth more than a Charity Shield. The club doesn't even include them in the '5 trophies in 5 years' aim.

"CL progression"
His 1st year we had a piss easy group.
2nd year we scraped through by the skin of our teeth amassing 8 pts - less than we did in our first CL campaign.
3rd year, another pretty easy group and now an easy draw. We will go out against the next decent team we face

"on board re Pep"

Ooooh yea, you're right, that makes him a good appointment! Such a feat rivals Utd's treble season!

I stick by my original reply im afraid.

The club has thrown everything into getting Pep - so much so that it has resulted in the squad regressing badly over the last 2 years and could very seriously result in us not getting a top 4 spot this season.

How much input has Txiki had in the building of the new infrastructure at the club, academy site etc? Probably quite a lot. So that along with Pep is work well done. For me it's difficult to say the purchases have been dreadful. You can't really judge players under a manger as piss poor as Pellegrini.

Mangala, Sterling, god knows even Bony might flourish next year under someone who knows what he's doing.

I'm not sure the squad has dropped in quality. It remains to be seen what the new manager does with the likes of Otamendi, Mangala etc. as I don't think there will be as many changes as anticipated. If I have a criticism of Txiki it's that the manager should have gone last season. I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Waiting for Pep was always a risky strategy.
Goalkeepers- fine

Left backs- older and worse then they were, not been upgraded, we're worse off

Right backs- older and worse than they were, not been upgraded, we're worse off

Centre halves- Kompany has become injury prone and his partners have been very inconsistent. Are we any better off than when Kompany and Lescott were a rock together?

Defensive mid- Yaya is declining thus our entire gameplan is declining. Fernandinho does nowt when Yaya isn't there, Fernando is average, Delph is good but gives the ball away for fun. Are we better than when we had Barry de Jong and when Yaya was one of the best midfielders in the world?

Attacking mid- Silva has a chronic injury and has declined, Nasri has been out a long time, we signed de Bruyne. We have improved in this area really as we have depth with Sterling and Navas who aren't particularly great but are good for squad players.

Forwards- we once had Kun Tevez Džeko and Balotelli, then Kun Negredo Džeko and Jovetić, we now have Kun Bony and Iheanacho...that's a serious decline!

Fringe players/youth- well, he doesn't even force Pellegrini to play Iheanacho when he should be and other than Chelsea in the FA Cup we've not seen any of them. Why have we not seen Manu García when de Bruyne Nasri and Silva have been injured? So we can't really comment on fringe and youth players.

How can you say this squad hasn't dropped in quality?

Its rubbish because in a ridiculously short space of time, as a club we have wont the league twice, league cup twice and the FA cup as well as going into the CL and progressively going further with this season the best yet. We have bought some shit, every club does but we have also bought some real world class players and we have just landed the worlds best manager whom i suggest is equally impressed with what he has seen and the plans for the future.

Ferran and Txiki, under Khaldoon and with Mansour's backing have got us to this point and we are just beginning in the grand scheme of things.

Its always been about the next 20/30/50/100 years and not just tomorrow but that said, we have had great immediate success.

Add in whats going on off the pitch and the academy and thats why this thread is crap.

+100

Fire Txiki ? Fuck up.

Its rubbish because in a ridiculously short space of time, as a club we have wont the league twice, league cup twice and the FA cup as well as going into the CL and progressively going further with this season the best yet. We have bought some shit, every club does but we have also bought some real world class players and we have just landed the worlds best manager whom i suggest is equally impressed with what he has seen and the plans for the future.

Ferran and Txiki, under Khaldoon and with Mansour's backing have got us to this point and we are just beginning in the grand scheme of things.

Its always been about the next 20/30/50/100 years and not just tomorrow but that said, we have had great immediate success.

Add in whats going on off the pitch and the academy and that's why this thread is crap.

you know what bluemoon is like after a defeat .
as a club we are getting there, everything is in place ,we need to freshen the squad ,not major surgery as some are saying and we will go again, this time with pep, happy days.
oooops feels like a loss :)

and when we finish out side of the top 4 what will u be saying then ?

League cup is nice to win but most teams put out second string sides, even the championship clubs. Pellegrini saw it as an easy trophy to win and went for it.

Since the first league title we have outspent all other sides bar possibly United. Most people see us as having the best squad. So 1 league title in four years is a poor return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.