Txiki Begiristain

Should have been done last summer and I'm not saying this with hindsight. There's no doubt about the quality of our squad but the number of squad members in relation to the number of games the club was expected to play throughout this season is pretty low. I believe that our squad is actually one of the smallest in the league, 19 plus 3 youngsters who have hardly kicked a ball in anger for the club. To make matters worse, the only player who might be labelled as a striker, Torres, was allowed to leave mid-season without being replaced. Someone has to be accountable for this situation and I can only put it down to Chairman Khaldoun who was reported as saying we would be aggressive in the market yet only one player was signed and only because he had a release clause which we met.
You seem extremely cynical

he has one job, to look at the squad and see what is missing, where we can improve, fill in any gaps and keep an eye on contract renewals and also the player market with his dozens of top scouts/player analytic people who do even personal background checks and whatever...

than identifying targets, get financial approval from his bosses and Pep's input, and then go a negotiate a deal.

well no release clause? then we are fucked. if there is that makes it simple, aint no way we get anyone under release clause even if it ends up in an obscene amount paid for Grealish. wonder what he did there, 60m bid, 70m bid, 80m bid, 90m bid all rejected?

to identify Kane to a problem we had (correctly as his style would have fit us like a glove, probably even better than Haaland currently, albeit age is certainly on the Norwegian's side) and have a a saga for months where apparently we were not even close to the asking price, if we made an offer at all, on top of this to end up what we had last season minus Kun and Torres upfront.
oh sorry, forgot Grealish, we added him, played a lot in the front three with about as much end product what would have been underwhelming even for Palmer if same minutes he can play who is a great talent coming form EDS not a 100m pound record signing.

I fee there is a potential fuck up waiting also on the three renewals Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus. their renewals was not sorted for a reason, we do need to solve it in a way we end up stronger and not weaker. not all three will stay, that is almost certain.

we had to chance and the money to strengthen the squad after a PL title and CL final and we did not do that. and we fail to finish the chances vs Liverpool title decider, let them alive, fail to convert the chances vs Real at home or even after 1-0 up away, all this costing another CL exit.
Pmsl. Absolute crock of shite bud. All of it too, every single paragraph is fucking nonsense

Should have been done last summer and I'm not saying this with hindsight. There's no doubt about the quality of our squad but the number of squad members in relation to the number of games the club was expected to play throughout this season is pretty low. I believe that our squad is actually one of the smallest in the league, 19 plus 3 youngsters who have hardly kicked a ball in anger for the club. To make matters worse, the only player who might be labelled as a striker, Torres, was allowed to leave mid-season without being replaced. Someone has to be accountable for this situation and I can only put it down to Chairman Khaldoun who was reported as saying we would be aggressive in the market yet only one player was signed and only because he had a release clause which we met.
You must be a wow at parties. You should post in the match threads, you'd fit right in!

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.