Txiki Begiristain

I stick by my original reply im afraid.

You were sticking by Pelle a few months ago. You stick to blind faith.

Funny you mention Khaldoon, the same Khaldoon who was critical of the team performance season 14/15. He must be skipping now.

Its rubbish because in a ridiculously short space of time, as a club we have wont the league twice, league cup twice and the FA cup as well as going into the CL and progressively going further with this season the best yet. We have bought some shit, every club does but we have also bought some real world class players and we have just landed the worlds best manager whom i suggest is equally impressed with what he has seen and the plans for the future.

Ferran and Txiki, under Khaldoon and with Mansour's backing have got us to this point and we are just beginning in the grand scheme of things.

Its always been about the next 20/30/50/100 years and not just tomorrow but that said, we have had great immediate success.

Add in whats going on off the pitch and the academy and thats why this thread is crap.
Let's not pretend having drawn an easy CL group and an easy CL Ro16 team we're progressing in the CL, we won one of those league titles before Begiristain got here and the FL Cup wasn't even included in Soriano's "five trophies in five years"(he only mentioned he Prem, the CL and FA Cup).

The plan from the top is for building a worldwide club for generations to come. That's a good point. And the Chairman and CEO are doing a wonderful job at this football club.

However, in Begiritain's time here, we have underachieved in three out of four seasons. You don't blame Pellegrini for it, you won't have people pint the finger at Begiristain for it, but it's underachievement now or in twenty-five years. It's a big talking point now, whether we're trying to build a dynasty or not. We cannot not talk about it!

Who's fault is it that Manchester City Football Club, who have spent £230+m since Begiristain has been here, are underachieving right now? We've had people like you (I think you're a good poster by the way, not having a pop st you) telling us it's not Pellegrini's fault for two years. I'd just like to know whose it is?

Losing one game (yes even that short sighted) is somebody's fault, so underachieving three out of four years is also someone's fault despite your good point about City being about the next generations because right now is very important too.

You were sticking by Pelle a few months ago. You stick to blind faith.

Funny you mention Khaldoon, the same Khaldoon who was critical of the team performance season 14/15. He must be skipping now.

What part of Pep Guardiola is replacing Manuel Pellegrini this summer dont some of you get?

What part of Ferran and Txiki are almost solely responsible for us getting the worlds best manager dont you get?

This thread is all about what he did to Bob and has got fuck all to do with today or this season and its certainly not based on what he has managed to secure from this summer onwards.

I will stick to blind faith and you can fight yesterdays battles.

His transfer dealings have been appalling all told.

Getting Pep is fantastic, but his biggest mistake was not fucking Pellegrini off after last season.

I think his, or the club's, biggest mistake is being too nice and respectful of other clubs and not having the ambition, or belief, to doggedly tap up, pursue, and ultimately pay whatever it takes, to get serious world class quality signings to improve the first team year on year.

Given our purported ambition, and outlay on some average (at best) players, in my opinion, if we really want to match Barca, Bayern, et al, and smack down every rival in our league, we should be paying agents, clubs, players, whatever it takes to get Bale, Neymar, Hazard, Pogba, Alaba, even Messi. Not all in one season, obviously, but that's the quality we should relentlessly pursue each summer, even if their club says no.

Money talks and agents (and most players) are very greedy. For what we've spent on Mangala, Fernando, Bony, Navas, Otamendi, Garcia, Sinclair, Willy, Kolarov, Jovetic, and other average/shite players, we really could have had 2 or 3 of the top players in world football. We should bully everyone in the transfer market. If we do, teams like Leicester wouldn't be 9 points clear, and teams like Norwich and Villa wouldn't hold us to 0-0.

What part of Pep Guardiola is replacing Manuel Pellegrini this summer dont some of you get?

What part of Ferran and Txiki are almost solely responsible for us getting the worlds best manager dont you get?

This thread is all about what he did to Bob and has got fuck all to do with today or this season and its certainly not based on what he has managed to secure from this summer onwards.

So he asked his pal to be manager at City and his pal said yes. That's what his greatest achievement comes down to?

I am sure his job is huge and covers many areas so I have no idea whether he's done a good job or a bad job overall. We've had good signings and bad signings, the wage bill has come down dramatically and we navigated FFP pretty well considering. Hanging on to Pellegrini in the summer was a big mistake though, he should have had the fucking balls to get rid and get an interim manager in for a year rather than letting us coast for a year and hoping for the best. Getting Pep is fantastic but at the moment that great work feels slightly sullied for me.

The only person i'm aware of who could sell £50 notes for £20, wonder how the sheikh thinks he's handled his money.

Stop going off topic with your hatred of Mancini. I wanted Mancini out but he's 100% better than the clown you fully supported until you did a 100 degree turn.

As for Ferran i have no problem, doing a great job. Tikki isn't, he's wasted millions on shit players and an average manager.

Khaldoon said we should be fighting for titles every season, that's his mandate from Mansour. We didn't fight for the title this or last season so somebody isn't meeting that mandate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.