Txiki Begiristain

I’m off to slit my wrists
It happened to Arsenal as I mentioned above.

It happened to Chelsea. They were a consistent title challenging and winning team and then the era of their leaders came to an end. Cech Cole Terry Lampard Drogba all left and they stopped challenging every season and were a bit of a Top4 Yo-yo club. With the odd league title win, might I add.

It happened to United after Ferguson left. They’ve only finished in the Top4 three times in the 7 seasons since he left.

I look at the decline in quality of their sides and see exactly the same thing happening with our squad.

It happened to Arsenal as I mentioned above.

It happened to Chelsea. They were a consistent title challenging and winning team and then the era of their leaders came to an end. Cech Cole Terry Lampard Drogba all left and they stopped challenging every season and were a bit of a Top4 Yo-yo club. With the odd league title win, might I add.

It happened to United after Ferguson left. They’ve only finished in the Top4 three times in the 7 seasons since he left.

I look at the decline in quality of their sides and see exactly the same thing happening with our squad.
You do know football goes in cycles we have had a decent 10 years and I don’t think it’s as grim a picture as your painting

You do know football goes in cycles we have had a decent 10 years and I don’t think it’s as grim a picture as your painting
I’m not painting a grim picture, just a realistic one. I don’t think of not being a title winning team as grim. I didn’t think the third tier was grim so finishing 3rd-6th on a regular basis in the next decade is far from grim.

We’ll still be a decent team and, you never know, we might even buy the right players to end up being title winners again in the coming years. But this squad is not title winning material and I think we need to lower our expectations and try and enjoy what we’ll end up with if we stick with these players in the coming years.

I’m not painting a grim picture, just a realistic one. I don’t think of not being a title winning team as grim. I didn’t think the third tier was grim so finishing 3rd-6th on a regular basis in the next decade is far from grim.

We’ll still be a decent team and, you never know, we might even buy the right players to end up being title winners again in the coming years. But this squad is not title winning material and I think we need to lower our expectations and try and enjoy what we’ll end up with if we stick with these players in the coming years.
I have no expectations getting beat does not upset me we still have exceptional talent in the squad and academy and we will win the title again before Pep leaves just think our squad are physically and mentally shot at the moment that’s no the clubs or players fault but the idiots who run the game

A club and a team and a manager that literally 24 hours ago was good to go for the next 5 years, had all the potential needed to win leagues, cups, and do well in Europe has lost one game and all of a sudden, in just 24 hours:

- the manager not only shouldn't have been offered a new contract which was 99% universally celebrated the day before but should, in fact, be dismissed.
- over half the team that, 24 hours earlier, was being celebrated as full of youthful vigour, good to challenge for the next few years, now needs to be got rid of.
- the manager that in previous few years has won us 2 titles, 3 lge cups, 2 comm shields,and 1 fa cup, as well as winning the lge with 100pts for the only time ever, followed by winning it with 98 points the next season in the progress breaking a plethora of records some of which likely will never be broken again as well as winning a domestic quadruple for the only time in English football history in actual fact now should be sacked. 2 days after being celebrated for signing an extension.
- Raheem, Foden, Torres, Jesus, Walker, Ederson, Diaz, LaPorte, KDB are in actual fact utter shit and should be transferred.
- And to handily and hilariously cap it all off not only should the greatest manager this country has ever seen be sacked but he should be replaced with a manager who has won the precise sum of absolutely fuck the fuck all in his career.

Simply marvellous stuff. Its the old Mancini and Pellers paradox writ large again. Get a manager who confounds the critics, and wins things against the received wisdom of the football experts who abound in work places and social media platforms the nation over and a sizable minority on here can't wait to knife the poor **** in the back. It must make some people feel better I suppose.

Just makes me laugh.

A club and a team and a manager that literally 24 hours ago was good to go for the next 5 years, had all the potential needed to win leagues, cups, and do well in Europe has lost one game and all of a sudden, in just 24 hours:

- the manager not only shouldn't have been offered a new contract which was 99% universally celebrated the day before but should, in fact, be dismissed.
- over half the team that, 24 hours earlier, was being celebrated as full of youthful vigour, good to challenge for the next few years, now needs to be got rid of.
- the manager that in previous few years has won us 2 titles, 3 lge cups, 2 comm shields,and 1 fa cup, as well as winning the lge with 100pts for the only time ever, followed by winning it with 98 points the next season in the progress breaking a plethora of records some of which likely will never be broken again as well as winning a domestic quadruple for the only time in English football history in actual fact now should be sacked. 2 days after being celebrated for signing an extension.
- Raheem, Foden, Torres, Jesus, Walker, Ederson, Diaz, LaPorte, KDB are in actual fact utter shit and should be transferred.
- And to handily and hilariously cap it all off not only should the greatest manager this country has ever seen be sacked but he should be replaced with a manager who has won the precise sum of absolutely fuck the fuck all in his career.

Simply marvellous stuff. Its the old Mancini and Pellers paradox writ large again. Get a manager who confounds the critics, and wins things against the received wisdom of the football experts who abound in work places and social media platforms the nation over and a sizable minority on here can't wait to knife the poor **** in the back. It must make some people feel better I suppose.

Just makes me laugh.
What makes me laugh is you suggesting that Pep is the best manager this country has ever seen. Hate the guy and the club but Fergiscum is the greatest manager this country has seen. Sad but true.

He’s turning us into post-2007 Arsenal.

They kept losing their key players one after the others, season after season, and they brought in players who weren’t as good.

The parallels are there: Vieira (left 2005), Campbell (06), Cole (06), Bergkamp (06), Pires (06), Henry (07), Ljungerb (07)...

Zabaleta (left 2017), Yaya (18), Kompany (19), DSilva (20), Sané (20), Fernandinho and Agüero are pretty much gone, they barely play anymore and be gone soon...

By the end of the last decade we’d taken over Arsenal, they had built a collection of worse players than they’d had, they were a soft touch, and they just kept declining until they were just a solid Europa Lg club.

Are we heading the same way?
There is a big difference mate, our owners unlike Arsenal’s will not settle for mediocrity. Expect Pep to develop his style, fix our weaknesses and go again, or he’ll be moved on.

What makes me laugh is you suggesting that Pep is the best manager this country has ever seen. Hate the guy and the club but Fergiscum is the greatest manager this country has seen. Sad but true.
I can live with that mate. Thank you for agreeing with the rest of my post.

There are more than that.

Sterling is not a good enough footballer when he’s not got a world leading midfield behind him and a world leading striker inside him. He’s just not good enough to step forward and become the player we need him to be. He was alright when truly world class players were doing the business and he was chipping in with goals, but him just chipping in with goals when we don’t have world class players (other than de Bruyne) isn't good enough.

Bernardo was one of the best players in Europe a few years ago . but where’s his form gone?

Have we pinned to many false-hype-hopes on Foden just because he’s a local lad and a City fan? Will he really become great? Or do we just think he will out of blind faith and a bit of delusion? Just because DSilva was great, doesn’t mean Foden will be. Just because United Liverpool and Chelsea have had Scholes Gerrard and Lampard who are English and great, doesn’t mean Foden will be.

Is Jesus really the heir to the throne up front? A striker who is going to lead us to league titles and champions league wins? Or just a really good player who’ll always do well for us but in reality their heir lies elsewhere?

There are too many questions and barely any certainties with our squad.

de Bruyne’s best years are behind him now, he’s 30 next Summer and had a lot of bad injuries in his career.

Walker is already 30, he won’t be getting any better.

With Agüero and Fernandinho even nearer to the end of their careers, and the like of Zaba Yaya Kompany DSilva and Sané gone...

I think this era of us having a great team and winning multiple trophies is over now.

That doesn’t mean that another one won’t come in the next decade. If we get rid of those who aren’t good enough and who aren’t going to lead us, and sign the right players to become our next leaders; we could well go on to consistently win more in the coming decade.

But will we do that?

Ferguson got rid of Stam, Beckham, van Niistelrooy, Keane and more because he saw that their time was up at United and that he could get results with other players.

In the Summer of 2009 Real Madrid got rid of: Cannavaro Robben Salgado Sneijder Huntellaar Negredo Garcia Saviola vanNiistelrooy Faubert and Heinze... and signed CRonaldo Kaka Benzema Alonso Albiol and Garay.

I think we need to completely shake up our midfield and attack. Raise some eyebrows with who we get rid of and who we bring in.
I said the same thing to my boys yesterday. I think we have perhaps held on to our legends longer than we should purely based on what they have given us over the past few years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.