Txiki Begiristain

different times
So what? Ferguescums record will not be beaten imho. Wish it would be. If mourinho wins league with spurs surely he has to usurp Guardiola? Mourinho’s style may be grim but he’s won leagues and CL in circumstances I don’t believe Peo would have.

He’s turning us into post-2007 Arsenal.

They kept losing their key players one after the others, season after season, and they brought in players who weren’t as good.

The parallels are there: Vieira (left 2005), Campbell (06), Cole (06), Bergkamp (06), Pires (06), Henry (07), Ljungerb (07)...

Zabaleta (left 2017), Yaya (18), Kompany (19), DSilva (20), Sané (20), Fernandinho and Agüero are pretty much gone, they barely play anymore and be gone soon...

By the end of the last decade we’d taken over Arsenal, they had built a collection of worse players than they’d had, they were a soft touch, and they just kept declining until they were just a solid Europa Lg club.

Are we heading the same way?

I think it’s different from the Arsenal example. Arsenal stopped spending and slowly went into decline. We haven’t stop spending, we’re still spending big I don’t think the Sheikh is thinking about settling for top 4 and CL each year with the amounts he is investing.

If we are a team going into decline, for me, it’s down to the recruitment and/or the team management.

There is a big difference mate, our owners unlike Arsenal’s will not settle for mediocrity. Expect Pep to develop his style, fix our weaknesses and go again, or he’ll be moved on.

I hope you're right. But they need to prove it by signing better players than Rodri, Mahrez and Gundogan because they are mediocre.

If we signed Haaland, and a proper dynamic defensive midfielder plus one of either Sancho or Grealish we'd be back to Centurions level.

Didn’t a certain itk pass on very recently that we’ll not be in the market for a striker other than Messi for another 2 seasons! What the actual fuck?

If that comes to fruition then we are no longer building for the future...

Messi is would be a last throw of the dice so Pep can try to win the CL in the extension period he has just signed

Didn’t a certain itk pass on very recently that we’ll not be in the market for a striker other than Messi for another 2 seasons! What the actual fuck?
If he really said that.

Then he shouldn't even be given time to clear his desk.I am serious.

We are screaming for "fit" World class Goal scorers.

We have gone from averaging 3 goals game,back to pre 2002.

Well what do you expect? Messi to sit on the bench? We are only limited to 17 foreign players.

I hope you're right. But they need to prove it by signing better players than Rodri, Mahrez and Gundogan because they are mediocre.

If we signed Haaland, and a proper dynamic defensive midfielder plus one of either Sancho or Grealish we'd be back to Centurions level.
Can’t disagree. I’d be getting Harland at any cost and possibly send delap the opposite way with a buy back. And I’d try and get this done in January.
If we’re accused on being money bags, let’s just do it. Sort those positions and we’re pretty much set for the next 3-4 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.