Txiki Begiristain

I do not mind missing out on Ronaldo to be fair. Its the missing out on a striker that is bugging me. We might still be successful this season and in that case well done to the whole team (incl. management), but I do feel we needed to replace Aguero. Some games would just be easier with a poacher/finisher.
I also feel that seeing players like Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo move, people on here expected a statement signing and this was supposed to be someone replacing a legend. I don't think people are particularly optimistic on Haaland either. In a way there arn't too many "big names" available now. Hopefully whoever we bring in eventually works out for us. Its an important position to fill and we need to be on point with the player.
Totally agree about a striker. I wish we had signed one. But for example if Halaand is determined to sign for whoever gives him the most money then it’s likely we will get him which must down to our owners I suppose one criticism of our dealings is that we spend too long on players we don’t get. But again we don’t really know this to be true.

Totally agree about a striker. I wish we had signed one. But for example if Halaand is determined to sign for whoever gives him the most money then it’s likely we will get him which must down to our owners I suppose one criticism of our dealings is that we spend too long on players we don’t get. But again we don’t really know this to be true.
Sorry “it’s likely we won’t get him “

Never suggested that, but he's not immune for making the wrong decisions from time to time.

So now we're not allowed to question the board decision?

Feel free to question the running of the club, but my personal opinion is that anyone criticising the people whove overseen 3 of the last 4 league titles and 5 cups over that time looks like a bit of a twat.

Never suggested that, but he's not immune for making the wrong decisions from time to time.

So now we're not allowed to question the board decision?
That depends for me

Coming off the back of a very good season, only 2 games in with 4 days of a window to go. On the playing side, I would say no.

Other stuff like the state of the beer etc, maybe

Let's be honest, we pulled ourselves out of a massive mess in November. The players and coaches did that.

Now it looks like our season is going to be a backs to the wall one.

This higher management have never been worth a damn to me. Proud, foolish, stubborn, fanciful and loose lipped.

If they are what Pep needs, that's one thing. He isn't perfect, but he is extremely talented and when focused and advised, and listening, can deliver truly great things. I rate many of the people around him, his personal mentors and confidents, very highly. These are people with their own stories that make perfect sense. Txiki and Ferran, no. They are the Barca boys, who got ousted, and towards the end, got shafted, as did the club. My impression of them is that the club has been continuously in a cycle of digging ourselves out of whatever hole we find ourselves in. For ages, many moaned that the club felt out of touch. We had so little to relate to. My view is that they are fundamental to that impression building, and totally unrelated to it being broken down again and again by players like Fernandinho, and the priceless trio of Silva Kompany and Zabaleta - all of who of course came here before they did.

They're not hopeless - they are capable, smart, resilient, and tough. But they need to deliver more than this constant state of emergency, and show something more than just aloof stubborness that they and the club will survive.

Very simple, our chairman failed to deliver us a striker this summer.
if you say so,maybe we should sack him and get ed woodward, now hes not scared of spending money.

he wont sanction stupid money, if it works for the club he will sanction big money moves if not he wont, and its stood us very well over the last 10 years, khaaldoon hasn't failed in anything he has done for our club except letting us fans down with that super league nonsense

Let's be honest, we pulled ourselves out of a massive mess in November. The players and coaches did that.

This higher management have never been worth a damn to me. Proud, foolish, stubborn, fanciful and loose lipped.

If they are what Pep needs, that's one thing. He isn't perfect, but he is extremely talented and when focused and advised, and listening, can deliver truly great things. I rate many of the people around him, his personal mentors and confidents, very highly. These are people with their own stories that make perfect sense. Txiki and Ferran, no. They are the Barca boys, who got ousted, and towards the end, got shafted, as did the club. My impression of them is that the club has been continuously in a cycle of digging ourselves out of whatever hole we find ourselves in. For ages, many moaned that the club felt out of touch. We had so little to relate to. My view is that they are fundamental to that impression building, and totally unrelated to it being broken down again and again by players like Fernandinho, and the priceless trio of Silva Kompany and Zabaleta - all of who of course came here before they did.

They're not hopeless - they are capable, smart, resilient, and tough. But they need to deliver more than this constant state of emergency, and show something more than just aloof stubborness that they and the club will survive.

Did you really just claim the club has been in a "constant state of emergency" since 2012?

constant state of emergency ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.