Txiki Begiristain

Every couple of years, experts here deride Txiki. Every year, we have success. We are in the twilight zone.
Generally speaking the guy has done a good job. But the cruel tides of fate have conspired against him this week and left him covered in the smelly stuff. But as we saw today that tide can change very quickly indeed.

The majority of successful signings he has made have been more by luck than judgement. He's paid top dollar (invariably the asking price) for every player he's signed, and sells at knock-down prices.
His inability to negotiate effectively meant that we lost out on his 'first choice' replacement for Kompany, the decidedly average Koulibaly, and he pretty much panic bought Dias. Classic TB fluke.
If he hadn't been instrumental in getting Pep to City, he'd probably have been kicked out years ago, and have slithered off to some other comfy DoF old pals job in La Liga.

From what I've seen of him since he arrived, I can only imagine that if he's involved in his own pay negotiations at City, he's probably only on about £75 a week.

He's what us FOCs used to call a spiv. I certainly wouldn't buy a used car off him.

Panic bought Dias? GTF out of here....

Dias always on our radar but Mr Release Clause would not pay the release clause of €95miliion.
Then Benfica knocked-out in Champions League qualifiers and missed out on the big CL revenue.
In steam City and a negotiated £60+ mil less the Otamendi fee and a big saving on the release clause.
Brilliant business.

The majority of successful signings he has made have been more by luck than judgement. He's paid top dollar (invariably the asking price) for every player he's signed, and sells at knock-down prices.
His inability to negotiate effectively meant that we lost out on his 'first choice' replacement for Kompany, the decidedly average Koulibaly, and he pretty much panic bought Dias. Classic TB fluke.
If he hadn't been instrumental in getting Pep to City, he'd probably have been kicked out years ago, and have slithered off to some other comfy DoF old pals job in La Liga.

From what I've seen of him since he arrived, I can only imagine that if he's involved in his own pay negotiations at City, he's probably only on about £75 a week.

He's what us FOCs used to call a spiv. I certainly wouldn't buy a used car off him.
In my opinion, utter codswallop.

Panic bought Dias? GTF out of here....

Dias always on our radar but Mr Release Clause would not pay the release clause of €95miliion.
Then Benfica knocked-out in Champions League qualifiers and missed out on the big CL revenue.
In steam City and a negotiated £60+ mil less the Otamendi fee and a big saving on the release clause.
Brilliant business.
Dias definitely wasn't our first choice. If we'd signed Koulibaly, who was, we wouldn't be even thinking about Dias on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.