Txiki Begiristain

in spite of him in what way?

we’ve bought some great players and dominated football. Don’t get the hatred for him - transfer wise. Has it really been that bad.

triggered much?
Be curious to go back and look at all the signings in the Txixi era - there have for sure been some great signings but equally there has been several duff ones…

Mostly in spite of him, not because of him.

And piss off, I’ve been supporting city long before the money came in and I’ll be supporting them long after our time in the sun is over.
Not in spite, no. We are the most successful team of the last 10 years in England only because we have the best people, from players , coaches, recruitment, and financial stability. Any link fails at the levels we operate at the team fails. So no you can’t pick and choose which bits you wan’t to credit and which you don’t for whatever reason..
Are mistakes made, yes of course they are. Just not as many as other teams so we get better results than other team. If we didn’t then changes would be made.

Relieved today's circus is over. I said to my son yesterday that I didn't want Ronaldo - would have upset the equilibrium in the team. So glad we didn't make an offer and have the Ronaldo circus following us round. I'm not convinced Ole wanted another elderly player to partner his existing old fart. What this will do to their young strikers is their problem.

As far as Kane is concerned, Pep would have improved him, but I'm honestly not bothered. Levy wanted twice what Lukaku cost - despite being nowhere near the same standard. Levy has ensured that Kane will be at least 30 before he can play in the Champions League. Kane will be looking back on a career with no trophies with Stones, Walker, Foden and Sterling (and almost certainly Grealish) letting him have a look at their medals.

Suits me to see Chelsea as favourites and the circus at United. What a motivation for us !!

Last edited:
It just doesn't sit right with me that the senior officials are all friends. I think it's pretty clear we only hired Txiki with a view of getting Pep.

And that went to shit didn't it. We've done nothing whilst he has been here

We have literally spent the most money since he arrived. I don't get this argument that we've done well so everybody must be doing an incredible job; we've virtually outspent every other team. Analysis of the hierarchy has to be more nuanced than what you've provided.

We have literally spent the most money since he arrived. I don't get this argument that we've done well so everybody must be doing an incredible job; we've virtually outspent every other team. Analysis of the hierarchy has to be more nuanced than what you've provided.
Do you assume then that the people above Txiki are so blinded by nepotism that they let him run around putting in subpar work?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.