Txiki Begiristain

Not getting a striker in has been a failure. No way anyone can believe otherwise.

Pep pulled off a miracle last season rotating false 9s. It won’t happen again. Especially when everyone else has improved their attacking options.

We needed a striker, have done for 2 years really. And we don’t have one. We were told X is the price and spent 3 months haggling over a fee that was set at the start and wasn’t there to be negotiated down. But we still did anyway. A Sisyphian exercise in futility & again, at best it’s naive from the board…
Good, I'm glad we didn't pay 150m for Harry fucking Kane.

Not getting a striker in has been a failure. No way anyone can believe otherwise.

Pep pulled off a miracle last season rotating false 9s. It won’t happen again. Especially when everyone else has improved their attacking options.

We needed a striker, have done for 2 years really. And we don’t have one. We were told X is the price and spent 3 months haggling over a fee that was set at the start and wasn’t there to be negotiated down. But we still did anyway. A Sisyphian exercise in futility & again, at best it’s naive from the board…
We've got a striker, he scored twice yesterday, he's 21 and a bit raw, a bit erratic, but it's clear Pep has been grooming him for 12 months to be a striker.

We have 10 players capable of scoring 10+ this season, that would be 100+ goals.

to be clear it was the 'costing us' part that I was replying to tbh.

He hasn't cost us anything, nor did Delph who was worse than Zinchenko at left back, that is the point, you are full of doom and gloom about a position that hasn't cost us a single trophy per se.

My knowledge of world football is at an all time low, name me three realistic left back signings and then explain to me why City have not targeted them.
You clearly do not agree with my position about our left back situation and that's fine. There is therefore no point discussing it further and this back and forth is a total waste of time. If someone disagrees with you then that person is deemed to be full of doom and gloom...it's called giving an opinion.

If you want a list of the 10 or 20 highest rated left full backs in the world just Google it yourself. You will see the likes of Alphonso Davies, Jordi Alba, Andy Robertson, Chilwell and the rest included there. City have actually targeted the very highly thought of young Portuguese full back Nuno Mendes who plays for Sporting Lisbon...looks to be one hell of a prospect.

So am I, and I'm even more grateful we didn't get either of the other 2.
For Messi and Ronaldo, it would be good to have them, but not at the wage they want.
Ronaldo is not bad at all and I was surprise when we couldn't get him, but no way I would give Ronaldo more than KDB's wage at this moment no matter how good he was in the past; he's good, but not that good at the current age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.