Txiki recruitment

Beanhead

After a lot of slagging off... starting to look better than a lot of blues initially thought?

I’ve always backed Txiki and his signings. Occasionally, some are inevitable going to flop a la Mangala and Mendy. But generally he has brought in top young talent for reasonable fees.

Major Successes:
Fernandinho
Sterling
de Bruyne
Gündogan
Stones
Jesus
Sané
Walker
Ederson
Bernardo
Laporte
Dias

Additionally the likes of Rodri and Cancelo are finding their feet and are starting to look like top players, the likes of Douglas Luiz, Kelechi Iheanacho, Aaron Mooy made us significant profit, and the likes of Ferrán Torres, Nathan Aké and Zack Steffen have significant potential.

I’ve always backed Txiki and his signings. Occasionally, some are inevitable going to flop a la Mangala and Mendy. But generally he has brought in top young talent for reasonable fees.

Major Successes:
Fernandinho
Sterling
de Bruyne
Gündogan
Stones
Jesus
Sané
Walker
Ederson
Bernardo
Laporte
Dias

Additionally the likes of Rodri and Cancelo are finding their feet and are starting to look like top players, the likes of Douglas Luiz, Kelechi Iheanacho, Aaron Mooy made us significant profit, and the likes of Ferrán Torres, Nathan Aké and Zack Steffen have significant potential.

Just look at that list.. it’s as good as any DOF has done in the premier league imo. Loaded with talent.

Not to mention the budget signings like Sagna, Lampard, Delph, Zinchenko and Caballero.

There have been a few duds. Bravo, Mangala, Fernando, Mendy, Bony, Jovetic. But they do get outweighed by his positive contributions.

Nope. I think it’s been poor.

We didn’t replace Kompany when he left for over a year. Only now they’ve finally sorted the CB issue out.

Left back is still a huge issue and it has been for years.

Rodri replacing Fernandinho is criminal. Huge huge downgrade. Who scouted him and said, Yes, he’d be perfect to do that role like Fernandinho did, offer 70m...

Mahrez has not fitted in the way we play and thus played a part in Sane leaving. We didn’t need Mahrez when we already had Bernardo, Sane and Foden. 60m could have gone to a LB or CB at that time.

Im also not happy we have only an ageing Aguero and Jesus as our forwards. No forward planning again.

We will never achieve the highest prizes with a Rodri Gundogan centre midfield. Even after today with everyone happy and Gundo doing well for 3 games they are not good enough if you want to be the very best.

We want to be the best. The top club in world football.
We as fans should hold decisions accountable.
It’s not spoilt or big time to expect the very best for us.
Have the winning mentality as a fan. Only accept the best.

....And for me our decline in the last 2 years is because of decisions off the pitch. We could have achieved so much more on top of the amazing success we’ve already had. Peps working wonders. Others off the pitch, for me, not so....

Major Successes:
Fernandinho
Sterling
de Bruyne
Gündogan
Stones
Jesus
Sané
Walker
Ederson
Bernardo
Laporte
Dias

Spot on

Reactions: kun

We didn’t replace Kompany when he left for over a year. Only now they’ve finally sorted the CB issue out.

Rodri replacing Fernandinho is criminal. Huge huge downgrade. Who scouted him and said, Yes, he’d be perfect to do that role like Fernandinho did, offer 70m...

Mahrez has not fitted in the way we play and thus played a part in Sane leaving. We didn’t need Mahrez when we already had Bernardo, Sane and Foden. 60m could have gone to a LB or CB at that time.

Im also not happy we have only an ageing Aguero and Jesus as our forwards. No forward planning again.

We will never achieve the highest prizes with a Rodri Gundogan centre midfield. Even after today with everyone happy and Gundo doing well for 3 games they are not good enough if you want to be the very best.

....And for me our decline in the last 2 years is because of decisions off the pitch. We could have achieved so much more on top of the amazing success we’ve already had. Peps working wonders. Others off the pitch, for me, not so....
Replacing Kompany was never going to be easy and by all accounts we have had deals in the fire for one for multiple windows. Ever considered Pep turned them down? Txiki isn't making these players himself. He can only bring them to the table and Pep signs them off.

Left back the same situation.

Rodri is not a replacement for Fernandinho. Not a player in world football like him , bit like when Yaya left. Rodri physically stands where Fernandinho once did but he's not a replacement.

I don't think we should have signed Mahrez but you say he's nothing like what we had. Maybe that was the point, to try something different and on the odd occasion he does pop up with some goals and assists that neither Sterling or Sane used to.

"Peps working wonders" fucking hell. He's spent over 500m. Id hope he's getting something out of this squad. Fact is, the decision lies with Pep. He has gotten basically anything he's asked for, there is very little that Txiki has not delivered for him. The ones he didn't e.g. Sanchez, Jorginho and so forth are in hindsight a good couple dodged.

exactly my mind too a tee mate how i feel.. but not allowed to criticise... but pm me on everything you’ve said pal and we’ll have a good discussion!!!

exactly my mind too a tee mate how i feel.. but not allowed to criticise... but pm me on everything you’ve said pal and we’ll have a good discussion!!!
God please don’t take it to PMs, love to see the brains of Britain going at it ;-)

I disagree though, I think txiki has done well, you have to consider everything from availability of player, fee, wages, attitude & even willingness to come.

he has made some flops sure, but there is so thought; mendy good for crossing & mahrez was good at tight space movement and assisting, unfortunately neither has worked out but they’ve both played a part no matter how small.

Replacing Kompany; I honestly thing Diaz is the one for that, look at how he’s rejuvenated stones, something kompany did as well.

it’s been a year of tactical shift as well, born out of reacting to the opponents tactics & necessity. And because of that, players look unsure of the new place and their performances drop (read; all the front line not scoring) but that doesn’t mean they’re bad players or bad buys.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.